Any Rope Wrench or Hitch Hiker users here?

Jake, I've used it a few times now and I like it. It feels good in my hand and the HH is working great with it. :D
Of course I've been climbing on 1/2" Samson Arbormaster 16 strand since I started so this stuff is awesome
compared to that. Less bounce and MUCH lighter feeling up in the tree.....and on the ground. ;):thumbup:

i bought some safari and a wrench and enjoyed it until I put the hh on it and sold the wrench. Hh runs smooth on that line in my opinion

The RW is a great tool.....I have the ZK1 and really like how it works. :thumbup:

But I keep going back to the original reason I bought the Hitch Hiker, the way it sits on the rope.
Nothing "sticks out" at me and there is nothing above the hitch, I think it was Stephen.....or was it Dave that just said that. :?
Anyway, I agree 100%! I love it, especially now that I've got it tending like a RW..... :thumbup:;)

I'm not trying to derail or anything but, I've got a Rope Runner ordered and I can't wait to climb on an all mechanical device. :D
I've heard a lot of good things about 'em. Of course I've also had the opportunity to talk face to face with Lawrence Shultz about his Rope Runner and he loves it. We'll see.....sorry about that. please carry on...... :thumbup::)

The RW is a great tool.....I have the ZK1 and really like how it works. :thumbup:

But I keep going back to the original reason I bought the Hitch Hiker, the way it sits on the rope.
Nothing "sticks out" at me...

I like my teeth.

I like no changeover srt/ ddrt. Tough to beat.

This thread may have to change to RW/ HH/ OAR-H.

I have not tried the Oar but Gordon's new compact Bulldog Bone is a legitimate contender.

non midline attachable is not a deal breaker. The only time I really take of my HH is when I have to uncinch a long trunk cinch.

I like the look. Can you readily adjust for different rope diameters, grip, etc?

DMC, how much you want for it?

Me thinks it would work on sappy pines...i could use one

Sean, it is midline attachable and you can change the bollard so it will work on different sized rope.

Scott, mine has been altered quite a bit and is not for sale. Contact Gordon he is called "surveyor" here.

DMC, I bet yours is set up for vortex 12.7 and runs smooth as silk...I still want it lol :D

Sean, it is midline attachable and you can change the bollard so it will work on different sized rope.

Cool. I didn't know if it was or wasn't MLA. What is involved in the bollard change? Is it something quick and easy, couple wrenches type of thing?

I have not tried the Oar but Gordon's new compact Bulldog Bone is a legitimate contender.

Where is the interchangeable bollard, please?

Gordon, have you break tested, or pulled until sliding on climbing rope? Side loading is the major issue that occurs to me, say dynamically during a fall.
Looking wicked!

Here is my latest config.
When it warms up a bit I will get some more time on it.

Just want to build a UHMW plastic roller for the swivel pin to give a larger bend rad to the bridge.

Burnham, What Dave was trying to point out.

If my pulley had a becket, and you loaded it the biner is trying to spread the pulley cheeks.
When configured as a tending pulley.

I'm having some stoopid issues, apparently...I still don't see it at all. Thanks anyway, for the attempt to help me out with that, Wally :).

Tether for accent and i may try it. I will post how it works out. The person who did it. "all you need is 2 copper terminal lugs, 2 8-32x1/2 stainless button cap screws, and about 6 inches of stainless braided wire. I got all of this at lowes"

Love it just the way it is using a leather tether with the oxan. But at times it's a struggle getting it on.
I thought it worth posting also Stephen;)

All things heavenly rarify to air. Trèès pŕoduce that heavenly air. Breathe air and take care.

If the tether doesn't capture the carabiner, when you pull up on the tether the carabiner will not release. You will most definitely feel that extra drag. Even with a pulley under the HH the carabiner will move up first when tending.

Back