Any interest in the new Stihl MS150

You have a point about the extra cost and hassle to mod saws, why I recommend people learning to do it yourself. Obviously time factors, interest, etc., it isn't for everybody. Maybe similar to why some guys like to create their own loads for shooting? Decent stuff is available out of the box, right? Personally, though you sweat about the same, I find that the connection that gets created with a tool, adds to the interest and enjoyment of working.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I get the fact that you can make them run good. That's dandy. But for me, I want to take a saw out of the box and get to work. To spend 600 bucks on a climbing saw, then pay shipping both ways, then mod costs, just to get a good running saw, is a joke. I think saw modding is great, don't get me wrong. But if I have to send a new saw away just to get it to perform well, then I don't want it. My 2139 isn't a mind blowing saw. But Im $400 bucks deep into it and for that $400 I think it makes great power.

I agree completely with your thinking........Stihl sorta dropped the ball on the 201. I mod saws though.......everyday.

I agree completely with your thinking........Stihl sorta dropped the ball on the 201. I mod saws though.......everyday.
I hear you......a lot of loyal Stihl users do get their 201s modded. I don't modify saws for other people but I do get lots of questions what to do with their 201s.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
The shipping can be a pain, and we get slammed with too many saws at times, but I enjoy doing what I do.

That 201 in the last video I posted doesn't have any port work, just muffler, timing, squish, and tuning tweaks.

Only good outside comparison pics I know of are from Bradley.

IMG_1166-M.jpg

IMG_1167-M.jpg

IMG_1168-M.jpg

IMG_1169-M.jpg

Yes. Please don't think I was knocking saw modding. I think its awesome. I was saying that I don't fancy buying something new in the box that will take further investment just to make bearable.

Yes. Please don't think I was knocking saw modding. I think its awesome. I was saying that I don't fancy buying something new in the box that will take further investment just to make bearable.

To me, at least, you mod a great saw to make it better! Spending that kind of money on a saw that is lackluster to begin with, then have to spend more to make it "usable" isn't the point at all!
I also agree that Stihl really dropped the ball on the 210t!

Wait, I don't understand. You think Im wrong or I'm right? Im not engaging you, Im trying to follow what you meant better.

I was hoping Bradley still had that 201 but I've never seen it .Win loose or draw I just wanted to see it run against both a souped 200 and a stocker .

Now I did have the occasion to run one of Randys creations earlier in the year at a GTG and it would scoot .It was owned by Guido Savage I think ,Gary something or another .I think it was a 441 .Same guy I bought a pair of concrete saws from as if I need a freakin concrete saw .Well what the hey I've got everything else why not .:lol:

I agree with Andy, a useless saw model shouldn't have to be modified, it should be recalled to be made usable or your money given back.

Back