Any interest in the new Stihl MS150

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Haha :lol:

I must admit the 150 is interesting to me too, I HATE lugging the 200 around for trims, and the deadwood in the eucs is too hard for my silky...

It should be here one day this week.....we'll tear into it.

I think the 150 is like a mini 192 or 190 clamshell. I'm clueless on these ones. I remember checking into these when they first were talked about. $439

Ha, I paid nearly $500 for that little Echo CS260 years ago and it's still got the original bar and chain on it.

Never use it but this thread got me to go and fire it up, goes ok and it hasn't been started in ages. Another one to sell, but there's a Chinese copy for about $130-$150.:(

http://www.allpower.com.au/product/echo-cs260tes-top-handle-chainsaw/

Close. 26cc
.9kw
2.9kg

DISPLACEMENT 23.6 cc (1.44 cu. in.)
ENGINE POWER 1.0 kW (1.34 hp)
POWERHEAD WEIGHT 2.6 kg (5.7 lbs)

Hell I don't know .I don't trim professionally but I suppose those little itty bitty saws would work .They certainly won't gnaw through stuff like a 020/200T though . Owning a pair of those things spoiled me .

I am right with you Al...
Kills me they discontinued them.. But that after market top end will solve that for a while. Really still want an 020 though.
Never seem to have the cash when one come up...

Stephen, is there some particular reason why you want an 020 over the 200? Pretty much the same saw, is my understanding, except some 020s had a Walbro on them. Are you talking about a rear handle? I do find the 020rh very useful for light limbing and as a supplemental tool in your truck when you never know if you might run into something that needs cutting.

I would like to have a rear handle and a top handle.
The carb is the thing that is such an issue with the 200T... Fact is, I need to replace the one I have now on my last 200T Did not last a year with out issues.
020T is a little demon of a saw.
And no flippy caps :D

Ya, no flippy caps. My 020rh has seen pretty hard use, no issues other than the air filter cover will fall off on occasion, and it has only caught on fire twice when the spark plug wire separated from the plug and ignited unburnt fuel coming out the exhaust. :O Solvable with a tighter connection.

Anti vibe seems quite ok, have never thought of it as having excessive vibrations. Probably the same as the MS200 rh, if there is that model.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
The little Stihl ain't made it here yet.......things never happen when, and how I want em to. :D

I'm taking the little wife and heading to the North Carolina coast Friday morning......hopefully, the 150 will be waiting when we get back. ;)

Back