And tommorow is a NEW day!

I'm with you Stig. Does anybody here actually want an elected official who thinks his job is to legislate his opinions into law? Sure that sounds great if you agree with him, but what if you don't? That's not freedom, that's tyranny. Freedom is the right to make you own choices. And OF COURSE there are limits to freedom. I don't think Andy is advocating anarchy.

I'm a Jeffersonian anarchist myself. I don't believe in no rules, just no rulers.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
J have thought and thought all day Jay. But I cannot for the life of me come up with a slogan worth a hoot!!
"Really want a change? I'm the guy!" Gehy doesn't even begin!
"A redneck can reclaim it!" Well, I don't think I need to add to that one.
I just can't come up with anything catchy and quick. Short seems to be the key. People remember it easier.It's better yet if it rhymes, but....................

J have thought and thought all day Jay. But I cannot for the life of me come up with a slogan worth a hoot!!
"Really want a change? I'm the guy!" Gehy doesn't even begin!
"A redneck can reclaim it!" Well, I don't think I need to add to that one.
I just can't come up with anything catchy and quick. Short seems to be the key. People remember it easier.It's better yet if it rhymes, but....................

WWBVF = Who Would Burham Vote For?

"Hey, what more can I screw up?"

"Change, it worked for that other guy?"

"Whats his name is President now, why not me for Mayor?"

"What can a retard screw up?"

"Hey, you voted that last guy in!"

"I think I can?"

"It's about to change!"

"Hide the beer, Andy is here!"

"I'm broke, give me a beer!"

"Will work for food (or sex)!"

"Hide the beer... Andy's here!".....

ROFLMFAO.... I LOVE that one...

The paper called today, I did a partial interview on the phone. She was shocked to learn I had lived here for 37 of my years. I think she had to pick herself up off the floor after I told her I was unemployed:lol:
The one council member I really wanted to stay, the former employer, has withdrawn and another is still undecided. No one else is stepping up yet.
As of now she was excited to have two running for Mayor. This could get really wild FAST!

Andy - we know a professional campaign manager and I asked her about your campaign.....

Q - if someone were running for mayor in a small town of 2000 people, what type of campaigning they should do. For example, is there a rule of thumb on where to spend their money or their time?

A - The place to spend the money is on voter communication…as many signs and mail pieces as one can afford should do the trick. I would spend my time canvassing the 2000 voters, going door to door….figure out the number of voters he/she needs to win 50.1% and then target those with mail and more visits and then make sure they get out and vote. If there is vote by mail, that’s another whole thing…

Andy - we know a professional campaign manager and I asked her about your campaign.....

Q - if someone were running for mayor in a small town of 2000 people, what type of campaigning they should do. For example, is there a rule of thumb on where to spend their money or their time?

A - The place to spend the money is on voter communication…as many signs and mail pieces as one can afford should do the trick. I would spend my time canvassing the 2000 voters, going door to door….figure out the number of voters he/she needs to win 50.1% and then target those with mail and more visits and then make sure they get out and vote. If there is vote by mail, that’s another whole thing…

Good info James, thank you!
I plan to start with a letter to the editor of the local paper. I will try and post it for prof reading here before I send it, God know it will probably need it!
I have NO money alotted for this, so maybe a sign on the back fence, it is along the only through street North and South out of town.
I figure a little "glad handing" at the local bar, that I have not been in for years, meet the people in charge of the new library that will be needing money, and keep up with my Parents as teachers programs.
One of the major hurdles I am going to face is this towns HUGE sports program. EVERYTHING seems to revolve around sports. I am not a sports type, nor do I really care for the lessons they are learning from parents and coaches any more. Sports are fine, but many think life revolves around them here.
Another factor to this, the city is pretty much broke and needs major repair on streets, with no money alloted to maintain, much less repair/repave them. So people will be coming with hands out for sports needs. No money.
I also am serious about trying to attract buisness, but this city has been hell bent on running them off. Four parking stalls for each expected customer and one must be handicap accesable. Due to seperation of church and state, the local churches cannot post information on the billboard at the local grocery store:?
They succeded in running off the ice cream parlor. They were insistant she needed a 6' privacy fence around here property so no one would get into the neighbors yards?
Seriously stupid things.
I need to call and see if I can get someone out here to look at the streets from a local paving company and get an idea what it would cost just to repair what we have now, then present that to people still on the council so they better understand how much money is really needed.

Is the grocery store a government run establishment? I'd think that it wasn't an issue of church/state. Sounds bogus to me.

Careful, you might win.;)

There are a lot of "bogus" things going on around here, that seems to be the problem!

Back