Am I late?

• Thread starter Tzed250
  • Start date
  • Replies 90
  • Views 8K
I was at the hardware store/dealer in town yesterday.. There were 8 new in boxes 372s for the CDF up here getting ready to go with 24" bars... It was like looking at Christmas for those guys..... Man oh man i wanted to be on that list! Oh well ...... Must be nice.
The shop guy there says they will burn them out in two to three years brushing up here. I just can't imagine buying those to just to throw them away in 2-3 years. Kills me .

Wonder what they do with those burned out saws? That could be a good list to get on, a recipient of two year old burned out saws.

SAD .... THE 372'S ARE GOING , GOING , GONE (as of Jan. 1 , 09)

I have heard that BEFORE , BEFORE, BEFORE :?

Sorry I just had to do that. I think this is about the 4th to 5th time the 372's are going to be gone.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I have heard that BEFORE , BEFORE, BEFORE :?

Sorry I just had to do that. I think this is about the 4th to 5th time the 372's are going to be gone.

The one to get is the 375XP with the wrap handle. 75cc's:D

The one to get is the 375XP with the wrap handle. 75cc's:D

I like mine with the half wrap and small dawgs for the sleeper look. If you look in the avatar the 375 is being raced.

028 Super, my first saw.

Welcome to the Treehouse... where grumpy old men rule. :what:

I was at the hardware store/dealer in town yesterday.. There were 8 new in boxes 372s for the CDF up here getting ready to go with 24" bars... It was like looking at Christmas for those guys..... Man oh man i wanted to be on that list! Oh well ...... Must be nice.
The shop guy there says they will burn them out in two to three years brushing up here. I just can't imagine buying those to just to throw them away in 2-3 years. Kills me .

Whats wrong with putting a new jug & piston on them?

Whats wrong with putting a new jug & piston on them?

I guess they burn them up pretty regular by adjusting them to run lean and fast. After 2-3 rebuilds in as many years, they buy new. Not to mention the more regular repairs they have done. Once they hit replacement cost of the saw I guess, they buy new. They also run 24" bars on them... So they run fast on the smaller bar and that helps cook them too. Sounds like a waste to me... but so does a lot of gov. type spending. I still need look into what they are doing with the old ones.:/:

I guess they burn them up pretty regular by adjusting them to run lean and fast. After 2-3 rebuilds in as many years, they buy new. Not to mention the more regular repairs they have done. Once they hit replacement cost of the saw I guess, they buy new. They also run 24" bars on them... So they run fast on the smaller bar and that helps cook them too. Sounds like a waste to me... but so does a lot of gov. type spending. I still need look into what they are doing with the old ones.:/:

It would pay for some of us to get ahold of them & rejug them since they don't make them anymore...

It would pay for some of us to get ahold of them & rejug them since they don't make them anymore...
Pshaw ,rering em ,wind em up and run em for a couple more years or untill they fly apart like a dollar watch . A little Scotch brite and kerosine has saved some sick old cats .

I know once I find out what they do with them, and if I can find at least one, she gonna get a going through and revamped. I would really like one of those 372s... would fit in right nicely in my stable :D

Back