Am I late?

• Thread starter Tzed250
  • Start date
  • Replies 90
  • Views 8K
I'm a Stihl fan, but I've got a 394xp that I really like, and have used a couple other "pro" series Husky's that I liked. I've used some smaller, newer ones that aren't very exciting, however. Really awkward for me, to be honest. I would rate the 394 as one of the nicest saws I've used, right there with the 066's.

follow steve boys!!
nazimarch.jpg

I must have eclectic taste or sumpin, or I'll settle for just being known as a "worldly man", if you be so kind....my point is that both Husky and Stihl made/make saws that leave something to be desired, and also made/make some great saws. You guys who claim vast superiority of one over the other, I don't see how you can be so judgmental without having tried out a wide range of models. I haven't worked with so many Huskys, but I've found a few that really rock my cradle.

These Husky guys are so sensitive. I've never had one but Brian and some other guys use them so they must work good. My contract climber guy had a 200T, but all of his larger saws were huskys and I used them a few times and they worked really good. My Stihl dealer also carries husky but I see no reason to go there. Since I have my tractor loader I don't use the larger saws near as much, so they should last a really long time.

Steve- it's not that Husky makes great saws, but they have 3-4 very good models which are at or near the top of their respective class. Just as there's only a few Stihl models I'd consider buying. Each model has to stand on it's own merits.

Hey one of your own just "outted" you guys with his self description as eclectic, and worldly man.:D And you know I'm just kidding right? Is outted spelled with two t's or one?

Steve- it's not that Husky makes great saws, but they have 3-4 very good models which are at or near the top of their respective class. Just as there's only a few Stihl models I'd consider buying. Each model has to stand on it's own merits.

Yup... I would love to have a 372XP.

Gary

My crazy priest friend, who takes about the worst care of his saws that is possible, keeps bringing his 372XP to me to be looked at....usually just bar and chain stuff. Awesome saw, I keep thinking how I can not have to give it back. Hard to do the, "Not worth repairing", for just a buggered up chain. :/:

Tell him it passed on to a better place. It wouldn't be a total lie.:D

Good to see you, Tzed250 - you will like it here. At least I hope you do.

Back