All RopeKnight - All The Time

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I got it (the traveling RopeKnight) from Nick Araya...

It is an obviously well made product. Professional quality machine work and a fine fit/finish. It is much larger than I expected it to be, about twice the length of a throwball. The packaging is nicer than what an iPhone comes in.

I am too scared to throw it. I am sending a package to Rajan (flushcut) this week, I am going to send it to him to evaluate along with the Sherrill Golf Ball throwball. After that he can give it to Eric (emr) who is also in Wisconsin. After that its Dave (1bus), then Dylan (canadiantreeman), and last on the list as I determine is Stephen (cursedvoice).

Rajan (flushcut)
Eric (emr)
Dave (1bus)
Dylan (canadiantreeman)
Stephen (cursedvoice)

Can't wait. We are scheduled out several weeks now so I will put it to good use.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

It is an obviously well made product. Professional quality machine work and a fine fit/finish. It is much larger than I expected it to be, about twice the length of a throwball. The packaging is nicer than what an iPhone comes in.

I am too scared to throw it. I am sending a package to Rajan (flushcut) this week, I am going to send it to him to evaluate along with the Sherrill Golf Ball throwball. After that he can give it to Eric (emr) who is also in Wisconsin. After that its Dave (1bus), then Dylan (canadiantreeman), and last on the list as I determine is Stephen (cursedvoice).

Rajan (flushcut)
Eric (emr)
Dave (1bus)
Dylan (canadiantreeman)
Stephen (cursedvoice)

Ooops I missed this post, but I'll throw the hell out of them I have a nice big silver maple in my backyard.

Rajan (flushcut)
Eric (emr)
Dave (1bus)
Dylan (canadiantreeman)
Stephen (cursedvoice)

Too scared to throw it?
:D

I have no problem realizing that the RopeArmor isn’t for everyone. It’s an amazing tool for me though.

Used it exclusively for the last couple of weeks and did about 35 shots most all of which were out in the open away from houses, or aimed away from same. First couple of attempts flopped out of the Big Shot pouch at my feet. “Oh, it’s not balanced midpoint.” Three other attempts hit the same ten inch limb, 75 feet up, and ricochet quite impressively. Had to remind myself to focus on the space I wanted to hit and not the limb I wanted my line over. Was a little concerned about the safety of some renters property on one job. I told them that the owner pulled his vacation RV out of that area because of possible falling dead limbs and such so I failed to understand why they would want to park that nice car and truck there but, they could do as they wished. Next time before a shot I noticed they chose to move them.

For the trees with matted dead that is so dense a normal bag stops on it’s way down the RA pierced it’s way through and only once or twice did I need to strum the line to aid it. For the Euc. trees that have put on sprouts like carpeting on their limbs in response to bug defoliation the RA pulled back from my over shots without jamming in the tight mini crouches formed between sprout and limb or spar. Both of these I suspected and hoped for. One thing I had not even imagined is that when I shot high into the canopy of a single stem conifer the RA would return all the way to ground. I’m used to a regular bag stopping on it’s way down. Perhaps more momentum lost as it encounters the top edge of each branch it touches.

Every carpenter I have known has more than one hammer so I don’t think I’ll be tempted to get rid of my bags by any means. I am going to continue to use the RA on each shot until I come to a place that a different weight is called for. ( Did tink that vacant mobil home roof before I was able to catch and stop my line). Also as I have shot a bag off the end of my line once before, never to be seen again, and for limb isolations in bad trees I am going to get one more RopeARmor on the way to me.

I can only guess but, I would say that the RA has saved me at least .... How can I quantify what it has saved me or what value it has for me? Sure 10 to 15 climbs I didn’t have to do that I would have previously with normal bags. Twenty trees were worked easier that I wouldn’t have shot into previously. Maybe five hours minimum in time savings. But, it’s just been enjoyable. I have completed more jobs and gone on to the next work, and it’s just been fun. Fun, more money this month; fun, more money; which came first?

I felt the same way Nick, when I first threw my first prototype into a big walnut, its like what the heck am I doin.
For me I put into perspective = the job I do is insanely dangerous to the general public but for us
its well calculated risks with justifiable rewards.

Merle gets it as do so many more throwers and slingers. Trust yourself to throw it into the crown and its that easy.:)

Thomas, for me it isnt a question of trust. I regularly put the throwbag way off target. I just am not good at throwing it. Trusting myself, using a RK, or any specific style throwbag is never going to change that, if anything only time and repetition will.

Thomas, for me it isnt a question of trust. I regularly put the throwbag way off target. I just am not good at throwing it. Trusting myself, using a RK, or any specific style throwbag is never going to change that, if anything only time and repetition will.

Hi Bonner. Have you tried using a BigShot? I can't throw for sh1t so the BigShot has been some of the best money I ever spent.

The BigShot is approved at big green but we dont have one in our territory. We had one at my last company and I was never a fan. You have seen the APTA?

...I regularly put the throwbag way off target. I just am not good at throwing it.

I stray off target with great regularity! Repeated attempts (with an audience present) usually makes things worse. That "Practice makes Perfect" business is a bunch of malarkey. Likely a communist plot to sell more throwbags.

If you are having trouble this will ease the pain. Soft as a Nerf and adds a couple ounces.
Softer than any throw weight on the market. Durable to.

Soft Protectors.jpg

It turns it back into the shape of a throwbag.
Seems like are back where you wanted to get away from.

The foam might get jammed up but the RopeKnight will be freed up. So yes the Foam may find its way tumbling out of the tree or it may just get nested somewhere in the branches, but the important thing is you still have your RopeKnight and line freed up.

The foam is meant mainly for a misthrow, newbie throwers or when ever you feel it necessary.
On a retrieval it will just slide off.
And what I ahve found on retrievals is that it will always follow the path from where it was thrown. Smooth and easy!
The slug, throwpod, highball, HR etc are all trying hard to be what the RopeKnight already is.

Engineered to do what we ask of it. Fly like a missile, penetrate like a bullet, move in and out of crown in every direction plus smooth over knot transitions plus work effectively as 4 other tools.
Throwing is the most underestimated aspect of our work but it is the 1st and very important aspect to get us into the trees to make money.
OK! so if you anticipate a danger or hazard, we make it really safe with foam for protecting targets and less so with Vinyl and rubber and if you want optimum geometrics, form and finish we provide that as well.
You get it all with this tool plus it is 6 tools total in one device and system backed up with a Money Back Life Time Guarantee. The way things should be made and once were made.
If you want a disposable bag, ball or whatever I can't help you.
Lead Free and the best it can be and always trying to improve. RK"Lightning" for example.

Thanks for all your thoughts and inputs.

Cheers:)

I use mine whenever I can, which isn't very often. I think I've used it 3 times in the years I've had it. Every other time, targets were in the way and I had to use a regular throwbag.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back