The Tree House loves TreeStuff!

All Gear vs. Samson

flushcut

TreeHouser
Howdy folk, I mostly run Samson Stable Braid for rigging lines and I am eyeing up some All Gear polyester double braid in 5/8". So I am wondering how All Gear lines stack up against Samson lines? I plan I using it mostly for blocking down trunk wood.

lxskllr

Treehouser
Wonder where it's made? Their site isn't very informative regarding company specifics.

Jonny

Treehouser
I think I’ve read that All Gear ropes are made by Atlantic Braids. Atlantic Braids is a Canadian company, and All Gear and Husky are the US companies that sell Atlantic’s stuff.

I don’t own any myself but have heard some good things about their 24 strand climbing lines.
It’s a personal decision what rope you want to use. I only have one piece of stable braid now, and I don’t use it much. Polyester cover and nylon cores are a bit more forgiving when groundies don’t let it run. I do want to try Samson’s Dynasorb.

BeerGeek

Treehouser
Jonny, on your note on the poly/nylon mix, I prefer using Samson's Nystron for 5/8" and above ropes. Their 3/4" has a max of 23K and mine has held up nicely when blocking out very large red oak pieces (500-800 lbs).

The Tree House Loves TreeStuff!