ABR TriTech Lanyard Info/Opinions?

r0ck1r0ck2

TreeHouser
I'm climbing with 2lanyards and by god the flipline is waaaay too long, the rope is too short.

i'ld like to get down to one long lanyard that i can daisychain or stow.

the TriTech intrigues me but they're calling it stiff.
like my upper lip.

please give me the rundown.
how does 15' sound?

I climb with a Tri-Tech Lanyard. It is stiff but not so that it is a negative. It runs fine through a Zillion and other mechanicals and works well with a hitch. I think it makes a great flipline.

I wouldn't call it stiff at all, it's just a little more firm and isn't all floppy jalloppy. It's actually really nice and durable

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Lovely news.
It was between the TriTech and Ocean Poly..

Unless I can be convinced otherwise I was planning on pairing the TriTech with some beeline(8mm) and a micro pulley.

As always,

Thanks for your help Treehouse

I use tri tech it's a great rope as flip line stiff for removals but light and flexible for pruning work nice balance
zany4abe.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thank you all.

tell me please.

aside from the sidewinder, which looks baddass but not for me just yet.
daisy chaining?
lanyard clips?

we've got one 12' as a length, anyone else wanna weigh in?

i'm in SE Wisconsin so, lots of spreaders. silver maples as an example.
less in the way of huge redwoods.

i guess i'm thinking 15' with the extra tail daisy chained
i really don't want to be tripping over the bugger as is the case with my 12' wirecore.

please advise.

Mine is 16 feet. I coil it when not in use. The line used to hang the coils is a quick release knot, easy to deploy.

Attachments

• lanyard coils.jpg
    lanyard coils.jpg
    266.5 KB · Views: 110
DSC03667.JPG

haha, this is a 50' secondary that I almost always take up w/ me. It hangs off a cari-tool on the back left side of my saddle, and I can pull it around my back and connect to my side D, pulling out more as needed. might not be practical for you, but I like the flexibility.

My flipline is a 12' wire-core. I don't mind doing battle with it, it's easy to toss around. 8)

I run a 15' lanyard, always stuffed in a ditty bag. I hate getting my lanyard tangled around my feet or branches.

I have a 20ft lanyard, and use both ends occasionally, I find it very handy for solid work positioning. I also stuff mine into a ditty bag, along with small slings and other odds and ends. Feels natural to me, kind of like the old 82 pattern webbing I worn in the Canadian Forces.

Just started running my 15' 5/8" SC flipline on a distel, with tail though the biner for tending, rather than a pulley (thanks Burnham). I might get a 3/4" flipline next-time. The beeline is the cuttable link. I didn't so much like the sling connector from D-to-mechanical adjuster.

Rope lanyard wise, I like having 30', daisy chain clipped to the gear loop. No special rope.

I got a cinch, and would consider a sidewinder if it carried more length. I am thinking of getting a 40' beeline lanyard. Some way out there end-weight reduction can use a lanyard back closer to the trunk, as the secondary TIP in the event of a climb line failure.

right.
thank you all for the responses.

i've just done a quick climb with the tritech.
prayers=answered.
it's really a nice mean between the light hivee and the firm cable.

the isc triple lock is the business.

my flipline and lanyard were both held by micrograbs. they would grab my gloves when trying to descend. they were heavy.

i tried pairing the tritech with 8mm beeline and a cmi micropulley to tend.

i used a distel
that was waaaaay too grabby.

i tried a VT and got along ok.. nothing spectacular.

i'll be honest here.
the beeline doesn't seem like the way i'm going to go.

perhaps if i tried a simple prussik i'd have better results.
perhaps a different hitch?
perhaps different cordage?

please advise.

treehouse.
i am in your hands.

so.
1st climb with 10mm armorprus.
the 4 wrap distel just locked up.. nearly impossible to adjust.

whaddayou say treehouse?
3 wrap?
VT?
anyother ideas?

Back