A Lesson In Sling Placement

MasterBlaster

Administrator Emeritus
Taken from a thread from the Buzz, it's pretty easy to see from where the cut is gonna occur that the load was gonna flip. Luckily, no one was hurt and nothing was damaged.

Never be afraid to stop what you're doing and re-evaluate the situation... even if that means more work and a delay. Don't EVER make those hail mary cuts, EVER!

Besides rigging too low, the guy that took the pictures, Mark H, said the sling was allowed to slide on the hook. That's no good either. Two "not so smart" moves. I wonder who was running the show.

Nobody was hurt. That's good.

Wow they lucked out in a big way! Several BAD things almost went down and fortunately for those guys luck was on their side. Scary stuff.

What's that saying... sometimes a small miscalculation can lead to a large error.

My hats off to that crew, great job! Sling looks only about 1 foot low. I've never taken a piece that huge!:O

My hats off to that crew, great job! Sling looks only about 1 foot low. I've never taken a piece that huge!:O

Um, yeah. I was going to pounce on this but I have a feeling it would be kicking a dead horse.:|:

Back