45 Trees, 3 climbers, 3 weeks of residential logging.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Some vid of the Beast gin pole.....
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/RCEbKTtpM1k" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

WOW!

I would have been nervous about dropping any log onto a drainfield, much less a beast. Am I conservative?

For speedline slings, I didn't follow the daisy chaining discussion, clearly. If you have long slings, you can clip one end, then spin along the length of the sling, and clip the other. Compact, no snagging, individually 'packaged', FWIW to anyone.

It was more or less bridging the field... Log was lying perpendicular to the field coming off a rise. The bed of chips added some protection. Ground was hardy disturbed, no visible trough made by the log impact. I was worried to a point but felt I could risk it with an accurate fell and the chips.
Of course, being once a plumber and having an excavator at my disposal should something go wrong helped a bit too :/:

Thanks Scott.. Seriously... we need to get together and have some fun soon.
Last bit of video I think of the trees ....
This was the General chunking and fell. from my perspective.
For some reason the cam was not always kicking in. Battery probably. Only caught a couple chunks coming off. Last two (of which I caught one on vid) were done with the 066 and a 36 bar. It just reached (except for some bark) on the last cut,
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/kR31FhKOJi8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Remarkably/impressively well done! Much respect for tackling something like that. I've got many, many, many questions. Afraid that my question may come across as me seeming like I'm implying that I have a better way to do it. I most certainly don't. Still pretty new here and don't wanna step on any toes. Will be upfront and say that you are clearly way more bad ass than me. If you're having a bad day, would think that my good days would be pitiful in comparison. Really really impressive. Love lookin/watching/learning from you man. Lotta respect!

Ian. Never be afraid to ask questions or suggest something. We all learn from each other here. If not for some of the advise of others here, I could have never taken on a job of this size or be the tree man I am today... Ask Burnam or Gerry or ...... :lol:

Appreciate your props, Stephen...but really, you absolutely get all the credit for this massive job completed well.

Cursed, Watched all your vids on youtube. Must say Your smooth as silk I'm putting you up there in my mind with the Mb,reg,August. Just thought you should no that .

Don't know about all that... you should see the bloopers :lol:
Just kidding. Thanks man. I'll take that as a high compliment. I still feel they are a league above me.
Thanks B :)
You still are one of the people I have learned from here and I have to give credit to my teachers here.
I will post some of the milling and wood handling pictures when I get the camera card back. They just finished taking some fodder for the county tree mortality presentation in Jan.

Shouldn't be humbled, don't think there a class above you. You move like august and sting(think) like Reg.:D

I have two now. They both did quite a bit of work there.
Fact is... all the saws were rather busy... Except the 200T... Needs an oiler right into the first week... :lol:

Go figure huh? lol. That's that percision german engineering. lol.
Jokes aside, I'm glad to hear that echo is handling it well.
Have you put the 3/4 wrap bars on it yet?

I have not looked up the 3/4 wrap handle and bigger dogs yet..... hmmmmmm

The squirrel retained his/her home. It was only a spectator....lol

Back