44" DBH Bur Oak crane removal

• Thread starter top hopper
  • Start date
  • Replies 45
  • Views 4K
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Nice big crew you got there these days. mighty nice on those big dogs

It is nice having alot of personnel at your disposal.

Only 1 crew is mine though, and on that particular job we had 4 on site.

They are all a good bunch of guys, and again I cannot take credit for the job. It was a team effort and everyone contributed. I just wanted to share the pics of that huge tree.

John, was that you on the loader?

That tree failed in a major way. What a shame. Getting that done so quickly and systematically is awesome.

Looks like a very cool job, and lots of big wood up in that tree. Nice looking crane, that long reach and lifting capacity could really come in handy, wouldn't have to bounce the tree to the crane like with the 24 ton we rely on.

John, was that you on the loader?

That tree failed in a major way. What a shame. Getting that done so quickly and systematically is awesome.

Yeah thats me driving the swinger.

Can't believe that the cops come out to direct traffic. Don't they have criminals to catch? We can just hire trained traffic directors.

Can't believe that the cops come out to direct traffic. Don't they have criminals to catch? We can just hire trained traffic directors.

My thoughts exactly. So I asked......

Both cops had the day off, and it was an option for them to come in and get some OT. Same as if there was a parade or something similiar.

:what:

Where's all your pics then hotshot?

Not to be an ass, but that's kind of a bold statement considering the company that's kept on this site.

Dont get huffy it was a compliment.
They just looked so cool and collected and calm for tree work.

I'll be huffy ifn' I damn well please.:P

That's sort of a compliment by putting down everyone else who's posted pics of their crews in action. No?

nevermind,
Its a nice looking bunch.
Id love to work a 150 ton crane, but its pretty rare to get a tree that big here in Chatt.

Great great job, and photos! Thanks for sharing, John...

Hey Dark, so, maybe I oughta get some matching T shirts for the guys, eh....?! 8)

8 loads of chips, wow.....that's around 30 tons?!!

Of course we only have a 12 inch chipper, but I prefer to make use of good wood..either send/sell it to craftsmen, use it for firewood, or have it chipped off site. Since chipping wood is unlike brush in that it actually takes more space when chipped, I find it more cost effective to only chip big wood if it's isn't practical to dispose of it the other ways. Not trying to be picky, but I'd think that oak logs would bring $50-100 a cord delivered.

Back