• Thread starter RIVERRAT
  • Start date
  • Replies 61
  • Views 9K
R

RIVERRAT

Where is the best price to be found on this saw?
Who is best at amping one out?

RR, that is such a good saw already that all is needed is to open the muffler up. I have two, even though I am a die hard fan of Stihl in the 70cc and up group. With a ported muffler the saw really lights up, whether in hard or soft wood. For having just one saw in the truck it stands tall.

As of the beginning of the year, Husky isn't allowing online sales any more. There were a few big online retailers putting a big hurt on all the local dealers.

As a side note, you may want to check out the Univent at Bailey's. It sure looks a lot like the 372 except it has the 75cc jug for a bit more grunt. You have to call them for a price. ;)

As far as builders, I don't know any more. Dan Henry pretty much blew it several years ago although I don't know if he's got his act back together yet or not. Ed seems to specialize in making high rpm cookie cutters that don't seem to have as much torque as I'd like (and he takes forever to return them). I had one saw from Big Dave Neiger up in Minnesota that is a good work saw. But then again, it was 2 months door to door to get a few hour's work done.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks fellas!!
This is going to be my next saw.

Beter get one while you can Jeff! They have discontinued them three times already, they are really pushing the 575xp becase it's cleaner.
Next time they pull them may be the last!

I would suggest the Jonsered 2171. Same saw as 372 and Jonsered is not going to discontinue it.

Jonsered has a bigger market for large saws and uses its EPA credits to keep them imported here. It seems Husqvarna is using its EPA credits in the smaller displacement classes.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
What do they sell for in that flavor?

As far as builders, I don't know any more. Dan Henry pretty much blew it several years ago although I don't know if he's got his act back together yet or not. Ed seems to specialize in making high rpm cookie cutters that don't seem to have as much torque as I'd like (and he takes forever to return them). I had one saw from Big Dave Neiger up in Minnesota that is a good work saw. But then again, it was 2 months door to door to get a few hour's work done.
I'm not being critical of any one of them .I think however a few got caught up in making cookie cutter types because of a few loud mouths and let the good old work saws with grunt go by the wayside .I've ran saws by all those named builders and most had some grunt but a few were prima Donna GTG saws that you had to baby .You don't want or need that on a worksaw.It would drive you nuts or at least it would me .

Timberwolf builds the strongest RELIABLE worksaw I have ever run......not counting cookie cutter specials.

It's a shame that the strongest two saws I own are the first two Huskys I got from Dan Henry. My 6 year old 346 has blown away every other 3 cube saw I've run, including 5 other 346's by 3 different builders. My 372 from Danny was an old, worn out production saw that he rebuilt from parts saws. It's now 12 years old and wears a 28" bar and an 8 pin sprocket. It pulls as hard as my EHP372 with a 24" bar and 7 pin sprocket.

Unfortunately my later experiences with Dan weren't as good. I ended up with a couple duds that I sold at a substantial loss (I lost $300-$400 per saw). Although if there were a way for him to guarantee results comparable to my first two PP saws, I'd go back to him in a minute.

ive never ran a real hotrod:(
You most likely will get the chance some day . I've ran a few ,never built any real screamers though myself ,just a cut above the average good runner which tickles me just as well .:)

Some people cut 8 by 8's and on occasion the real stuff . I on the other hand cut the stuff with bark on it and on rare occasion the square stuff .Therein lies the difference .

Yea, Dan could make a saw get up and go. I loved that little Jonsered 2152 that I got from him.

I LOVE the 046BB that Freakingstang built for me!!!
I was never happy at all with the 346, even after tearing it down and porting it three times!! The new owner LOVES it, says it just a hair under his EHP built saw. Different strokes I guess?
I am VERY happy with the way my portedHusky 350 came out, lots of grunt and a little more RPM. I think it's a much nicer work saw than the 346.

I have 2 saws that Dan Henry built several years ago and they both kick ass. One is a 346XP and the other is a 372XP. The 346 is starting to slow down but the 372 runs as strong as ever.

Off topic but I used a 3120 with a 48" bar yesterday... it cut pretty good.8)

Timberwolf builds the strongest RELIABLE worksaw I have ever run......not counting cookie cutter specials.
Brian W .aka Timberwolf is a mechanical genius and I say that with most high esteem . Not arogant ,not pushy just knows his stuff like very few others .

I've never seen his work but have heard nothing but good reports .I don't think he builds many if any saws for many outside of his family though .

Now some people have said that I myself am somewhat of a mechanical guru but I'll tell you this .This young gent who is half my age has most likely already forgotten twice as much as I have ever known in my entire life .

Keep an eye on this one ,he will go far .:)

Brian W .aka Timberwolf is a mechanical genius and I say that with most high esteem . Not arogant ,not pushy just knows his stuff like very few others .

I've never seen his work but have heard nothing but good reports .I don't think he builds many if any saws for many outside of his family though .

Now some people have said that I myself am somewhat of a mechanical guru but I'll tell you this .This young gent who is half my age has most likely already forgotten twice as much as I have ever known in my entire life .

Keep an eye on this one ,he will go far .:)

I must be family then.........

i run all my 372s stock.muffler isn't ported.7 pin sprocket.i don't have time to screw with built saws.not saying i wouldn't like them but i don't prefer the extra noise.mine run fine everyday.

Back