• Thread starter RIVERRAT
  • Start date
  • Replies 61
  • Views 9K
not sure if anything is different.

hmmm.

I only have one 372XPW left after my ehp one was stolen. It is bone stock, and is a dog, compared to my 6401 Makita that is now a 7901..... also bone stock. I know that it will wake up with aported muffler (been too lazy to install the one from a smashed 372-the used on that Ed ported that was the fastest 372 I've run)

mine is an 08 model.i've never run a built saw so i have no idea to compare with.all i know is my regular 372s rip and this one rips more with a 28"

You better make sure ole Steve (freakinstang) actually built the saws he had.

Isnt that the truth ;) The only fast saws I know that Steve had were bought from woodsjunkie and then sold later on and went up north.

I have asked a bit around, but found no answers. Jokers is reported "missing" on other web-forums as well......:?

Last time I talked to Russ, he was working 60-70 hour weeks at the plant...

Isnt that the truth ;) The only fast saws I know that Steve had were bought from woodsjunkie and then sold later on and went up north.

Since I even got to watch, with pictures, as it was built, I think he built it.

Not sure what this is on about, he was just playing around, he didn't hurt anybodies buissnes and was trying to learn.

I've heard Ed was having a shoulder problem?

I don't know what happened to Ed but he was having some problems last I heard .

Nobody has really said where that forum went to either but the traffic was almost nil for a few months prior to it's disapperance .

I do have thoughts on the matter but I won't speculate or elaborate on them .

I don't know what happened to Ed but he was having some problems last I heard .

Nobody has really said where that forum went to either but the traffic was almost nil for a few months prior to it's disapperance .

I do have thoughts on the matter but I won't speculate or elaborate on them .

Oh come on Al you tease. Make my day and blame it on Dan or Darin. Brian hasn't had a reason to freak yet today.:D;)

It wasn't Brian .I really don't know what happened and anything I would say would be just speculation my part .

I didn't really participate much months prior to it's absence from the net .

Geeze I even rattled a few cages when I wasn't even trying to with some of them . Pshaw if I'd have put my mind to it I could have really sent a few into orbit .:lol: I'll remember that fact for future reference should the occasion arise in the future and my ornery streak gets the best of me .:|:

Since I even got to watch, with pictures, as it was built, I think he built it.

We were talking the really fast cookie cutter types that could also be used as a work saw :D, Huskys.

Not talking about a BB046 massaged for a work saw :|:.

We were talking the really fast cookie cutter types that could also be used as a work saw :D, Huskys.

Not talking about a BB046 massaged for a work saw :|:.

Well, as I don't know you from Adam, and I have Freaks number on speed dial on my cell phone, and I have had the pleasure of talking to him numerous times, I consider him a friend.
The deal he offered me on that saw, stock or modded, was a steal in any ones eyes. He makes more than enough with his full time job, and hardly has time for much else anymore.
He found it interesting and wanted to learn, plain and simple. He may very well have bought saws from someone, tore them down, as this is a "big secret club" in some circles, and sold them. But I doubt they wer sold as "his work" to the purchaser.
Steve is a stand up guy, I won't berate him, nor will I stand by and watch someone else. It's not my style.

Actually Steve bought a 346 from me that had been ported by Dozer Dan. I broke part of the casting resulting in a saw that ran perfectly but wasn't functional. He used that saw and a second parts saw to build one. I'm sure he learned some stuff when he took it apart.

Actually Steve bought a 346 from me that had been ported by Dozer Dan. I broke part of the casting resulting in a saw that ran perfectly but wasn't functional. He used that saw and a second parts saw to build one. I'm sure he learned some stuff when he took it apart.

And that is what you have to do Brian! Most think this is "rocket science" and don't care to share any information about it.
Steve was nothing but open when building my 046, and was nothing but helpfull with my 346xp project saw.
I think that is why the "builders" don't care for him, he was smart enough to figure it out, and smart enough to explain it to "simpletons" like myself so we could do it.
I have a lot of respect for him and am happy to cal him a freind.
Same as you, you and I dissagree a lot, but I am honored to have known you and would go to bat for you as well.

The term "builder " is a misnomer .Lots of people build up saws .Some good ,some not as good .

You get a pizzen match going because one saw is 2 tenths of a sec faster than the other guys cutting an 8 by 8 and everybody on some sites gets in the fray .First of all just how many 8 by 8's have you seen growing in the woods ?

What I can testify to is the fact I've ran many many saws .Some by known builders some by unknowns .Half the time an unknowns may actually outcut a so called experts .How they do in the woods I have not a clue .

Most true builders are reluctant to trash or bad mouth anothers work .This shows respect because anybody can screw up .More times than not with the GTG crowd it's like a Ford, Chevy thing and I take it just as that ,nonsense .

Back