250 xp hydraulics

thattreeguy

TreeHouser
my feed/ reverse bar valve froze up on me today, had to show it some ball/peen love to finish the job,
it stuck so hard i bent the metal band from the lever to the valve body, its got a big old bulge in it now,
so besides a new band..any ideas on why the stuck valve?

oh it just started to leak a bit a week or two ago

up above it there is another fitting its square and has 4? hoses that come and go thru it, it started leaking at the same time as well...what is this fittting and does anyone have experience with this or suggestions...

i dont have a lot to dump on it, but want to repair it correctly

anyone got a source on a service manuel to a 1993? 250 xp with the 116 hp cummins?

thanks

Pictures bra ,,, Pics ???
Sound like you may have givven it to much hammer pean love:O.Oh and the hammer love is good , No ?
Other that that, I hate to say it ,but the problem may could have been as simple as making the bars straight, all though, likely you just need a new valve .
Good luck
Provide pictures ,and uncle Al will have u fixed up ina jiffy.

To Al
ie.> uncle Al, i know you claim no especiality or responsAbility:P to BB250 XP's
;):But , you know how to fix everything from chippers to jet engines:|:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
not tooo much love
tapped her on the linkage twice, i will get pics tommorow then beg the wife to upload em for me
thanks

While a hammer is my favorite adjustment tool I have to testify that it takes years before a person acquires the intuative touch to operate one properly .

Firstly the mechanic must have a wide selection of hammers weightwise plus materials wise.Such as brass ,rawhide ,wood, thermal plastic and the venerable old standby the trusty 2 pound ball peen . After carefull selection of the weapon the attack must be carefully planned as to only stun but not comepletely kill the offending piece of machinery .

Always remember ,tis better to tap lightly and be frustrated than to thump something like it were a railroad spike and thus need replacement .Happy hunting .:lol:

fortunately i have been schooled by the midwesterners on the propper use of bailing twine,(used some to keep u jouints in the man cab rig in evansville in.) bailing wire, duct tape ,100 mph cord , and fortunately i was reading your mind on the lil tap part,

brendon that looks like the valve for the aux hydraulics, thanks for the lead im gonna go look as soon as its light out

You can get hydro parts at surpluscenter.com. Carl turned me onto it, and just received them in the mail yesterday. It's actually probably one of the valves I bought, something like this http://surpluscenter.com/item.asp?UID=2008112606120854&item=9-6767&catname=hydraulic. Triple detent so it locks in reverse, foward, and nuetral.

And if that desn't work, call Bandit. Your machine has a serial number, stamped on the tongue. They can tell you about anything about your machine. I buy stuff from them, but the prices are exorbitant.

i beleive the block above is your flow divider. id buy a rebuild kit for your valve, its really easy to repair if you havent bunged up the metal inside by hammering on it. should take care of your prob

100mph cord and 100mph tape...necessities of the airborne

thanks for the heads up on the flow divider,

yeah i hope the valve isnt burred inside

Sounds like you've got a broken O-ring - jam-up ? Take it apart & replace the O-rings ( butryl variety will do ) Good luck - because I never have any !!:D

thank you all for the info so far
i'm tempted to take it a part myself, anyone done it before, tips.. are appreciated

Between it and the glue... something has to hold.. LOL Maybe they should try some on the economy.. POW did I just say that ? Ohhhh My I did see a putty tat... LOL

it should be easy, i havent done that particular one but have many others. buy the rebuild kit, it will be o-rings and wipers and such. pay careful attention to which way things face as you take it apart and put together the same way, use some hydraulic fluid as it goes back together

When I was in the computer repair deal I would sometimes take notes as I disassembled a laptop so I would at least know the order in which I had done things. It's a little harder to do when doing mechanic stuff as your hands are always oily, or worse. This is especially helpful if it takes a little while to get the parts as I would forget how it went together by then.

A little tip .If you are going to rebuild a valve get a couple of ice picks .Bend a little hook on the ends to use as a pick to pop the seals out . Once it has the new seals in it ,oil the dickens out of it before you reassemble .

Very important ,pay attention to the seals ,Some in fact could be directional lip seals and must be oriented correctly to work properly .

Back