Animated GIF Thread 2019

I've done this!

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/8xzwaC2"><a href="//imgur.com/a/8xzwaC2">Music to my eyes</a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/lAQSlNI"><a href="//imgur.com/a/lAQSlNI">Unleash the beast!</a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

My kinda gal!

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="D5lfsJd"><a href="//imgur.com/D5lfsJd">Let me do that for you</a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Yeah I done it to, butch. It's nice when it works like that, but sticky clay you have to hand shuck off the auger. Liquefied sand you never pull anything up, and hard rock smokes the bits and breaks the machine. I augured the holes and set the poles on a hundred pole line sites, back in the Nam. Your military tax dollars at work.

That experience lead me into line clearance work when I come back to the states. Was it fate?

We always had to rock our auger back and forth - spinning was never enough and sometimes we had to break out the shovel. Every time I drive past a billboard that I worked on I say "Hey! I drilled that hole!"

That auger truck I run, Butch, dug holes and set poles for many things other than its original intended purpose, which was paid well in many cases of beer and booze to the crew. Your tax dollars at work.

The whole time in the Nam was like McCale's Navy and Catch 22.

Yea, ours was a 12 ton crane that could drill 1, 2, 3 and 4 foot holes. Definitely was NOT a fan of the 4 footer!!! 1 and 2 were easy peasy...

Now THAT'S mighty odd behavior!!!

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="5gVkeJm"><a href="//imgur.com/5gVkeJm">Once more!</a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I've never had to work swing stage, and I think I'm glad after watching that... did they mess up somehow? Or just didn't come down when the wind picked up?

Back