Modded Stihl 201T v Husqvarna 540xp

RegC

TreeHouser
Just my thoughts on the 2 saws guys. Language a little course, sorry, just how we were brought up.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/qk2QtwoG3J0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>)

So I'm not really sure I got the whole message there, are you saying you were unhappy with the Stihl?:lol:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks guys, glad you liked the vid. Wasn't planned, just thought of it as I was unloading yesterday.

The thing with the 201 is that you actually get used to it being so bad after a while, and think its normal....until you go back to a 200, 540 or even a 338.

Would love to know who were the climbers that tested the saw and signed it off as finished ? what trees did they use it on and what the time limitis ?

Cutting up wood on the ground is completely different to being in a tree working against the pull of gravity. An underpowered saw in this instance is not only a huge handycap but dangerous too. I know what they claim about emissions targets and all, so why dont the rest of the stihl saws cut like dogs too ? Same as the blowers, I have the 650, awesome tool.

My 201 was a modded version too, and yet the stock 540 beats it hands down, and not even run-in yet. This the 14,15th version of the 540 apparently.

Good sturdy tire chocks are handy!

Come back and see me later...next patient please!

Send in the next victim of industrial dis ease!

Jomo

Sooooo, after the MS 201 "truck mod" how did it run in wood, you get more power out of it??

Great vid Reg, I havent run a 201 yet and dont think I will anytime soon

Yup, best tree vid ever. I was roaring with laughter:D You are always on the cutting edge.

Reg, is that one of the early 201's? I had 3 of them and they were the absolute pits, just like that one you modded, no doubt. Then, they all got stolen:D. The newer, replacement 201's were much better, darn close to a 200. Just sayin.

Treework aint no fun with bad tools.

Wish they would put a bullet nose on the back end of the saw to avoid snags.
Is the fuel and body all one molded piece or is fuel tank seperate?

Reg, personally I think you missed the mark and you should have rolled over both of them and see which one would start and cut.
I will give the husq a try but if its a unibody I dunno?

That was a hilarious end for that saw. Kudos to you for not stripping parts off of it first.

Many a time I sooo wanted to throw mine out of the tree at 70', but I was too cheap.

Back