hitachi cs33et

C. Kirk

TreeHouser
I saw this saw for $200. I was thinking this mite be a good cheap up grade from echo cs300. But the more i read about it i'm thinking its just junk.
Has anyone try this saw? Who makes it? And would you buy it?

Attachments

• CS33ET14-SIDE2.jpg
    CS33ET14-SIDE2.jpg
    173.8 KB · Views: 73
  • 50ca577b-a5f2-4d60-a5bf-6c826538dd59.jpg
    50ca577b-a5f2-4d60-a5bf-6c826538dd59.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 73
Looks nearly the same.
82.jpg

I haven't used the Echo 300 but I did have the TCS 3401 Tanaka the earlier model, not a step up on Echo in my opinion. I used it on palms, cut alright but the coil went and wasn't worth the price to replace it.

It's $459 here and the Echo CS350 is $559, I'd pay the extra $100 if I was looking at buying one again, but this new one might be ok.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
So for $ 160 more i can get it labeled as a Tanaka. Now thats a good deal!!! I love my little echo and have had no problems with it for the last 5 years. It cut's thru anything i've had to deal with. I just wanted a little more power for the bigger jobs. So i will look into get a rear handle Sthil .

From what I have read on these 2 years ago till today. The new Tanaka saws are made in China.

Baileys q a
Q. Where are these Tanaka saws made?
A. Tanaka saws are manufactured in China.

From a guy on my site that has worked on them. (((((the biggest problem i see here with them is the oilers go out pretty quick. either they were instaled improperly or plain cheap parts. after you put a new oiler in, they are fine. the bar is just plain garbage. the sprocket tips likes to come apart after about 5-6 tanks, and a couple of them i've had through here the carbs leaked more than the titanic. home hardware was selling these and the little top handle (which suffers from the same issues) really cheap about a year ago. they are made by tanaka, but not with the same quality of the tanaka's. hitachi quality in general has slipped down a large slippery slope in the past 5 years. and their taking some good comanies with them. not a high hour production saw but good for the casual home owner. ))))

Back