Baby Partners

Al Smith

Mac Daddy
It's seldom any more I even buy a saw but every so often something catches my eye .It happened on another forum ,two 49 cc Partners ,a 500 and a 5000 plus . Cheap ! I ran one of these at the saw races long ago at Chardon Ohio and although I didn't win the class became very impressed .It has been said by people who know about them the 5000 plus was the fastest 3 cuber on the market back in the 80's .At any rate I'll see to them and maybe pull one of tricks on the 5000 but leave the 500 stock .I'm always up to the challenge but my only competition is myself .

Attachments

• DSCN1320[1].JPG
    DSCN1320[1].JPG
    3.9 MB · Views: 14
These are great saws once you get to know them a bit. They were a huge success in 500, 5000, 5500, 540 and last 543.
Husqvarna kept the design in 50/51/55 and use same crank/piston/cylinder in various variations.
Poulan 325, Jobu 949, Jonsereds 490/590 and some others was also made.

Wonderful saws, I have many coming here for service still.

This is not at all what I thought was being talked about. I was thinking grandkids running a saw. Lol But yeah the 500 series of Partners are fine saws no doubt.

I had a Partner. So long ago I don't remember what size :whine:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Up date .The 5000 plus lived up to it's reputation .Next up is the 500 .Been preoccupied refurbishing two battery golf carts I landed for scrap prices .I had to dig deep in my mind to renew my knowledge of DC drive systems because it had been decades since I've used it .However those turned out great .So much for electric vehicles back to chainsaws .

Back