Insurance for rental equipment?

802climber

TreeHouser
I do try to avoid renting equipment for many reasons, but... Found a good deal on renting a tracked mini for a day or two, and thinking of trying this out. The rental place does not offer ANY insurance -- only a "damage waiver" for wear and tear, busted hose, etc.

Have received what seem like exorbitant quotes for adding this kind of coverage to my GL policy. Extremely occasional short term rental of mini, stumper, etc and trailer ... so around 30-50k of coverage?

Any thoughts?

Find another rental service that does offer insurance.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I will shop around for other rental outfits, or just bring in my sub with 4x4 tractor, probably a better deal really for under a half day when you factor in the insurance costs. He charges me 70/hr

I haven't had issues with riders. If it rains, they just move it out a day or two.

Ya, Jump on that! A machine well maintained since new is nearly impossible to find. I'd be all the F over that if I didn't have a new machine in the works. You're almost next door, compared to me.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
FWIW ...The ground was good and I ended up forwarding all the brush and wood on that job with my pickup. "Low Impact"!

Back