General Liability for tree work

Husabud

TreeHouser
Well my soon to be ex ins company is at it again. I received this yesterday with the great news. Stratum doesn't cover Ma as well as several other co.s
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374751811.567534.jpg

Any suggestions.

They haven't had to pay off on you yet, that is some dipshit logic there. They didn't even offer up a thank you for your patronage? Wonder if that is a regular practice, snooping around websites?

I wonder what they think a Tree Co. does???? Remove trees maybe? Hazard tree assessment perhaps? Idiots:X

I had a similar cancellation for no reason. No claims, nada.

Bud, try Mike at Stratumins.com Stratum Ins. is in CA but covers lots of states. If you have more time to receive the quote, Mike has a cheap company that is so busy with policies that it takes two weeks or so, sometimes, to get the new quote.

NickfromWI suggested them.

I would suggest finding an independent agent in your area. Having someone local that you can trust is helpful when you take on new/bigger projects.

This year I added excavation/dirt work liability coverage for a much lower price than I was expecting.

I have Liberty International, they are based in Boston...my broker is Fitzpatrick's in Melbourne, they have a specific horticultural department.

Here they increased the minimum premium this year, so I upped my coverage to 2mil/1mil, which is a requirement on some of my jobs anyways.

I have 5 mil costs me $1140...despite going up 25% it's still the cheapest

That's incredibly inexpensive sounding to me for 5 mil. Up here anyways its all volume based as in the more gross sales you have the higher your premium is.

I dunno what mine's based on...micro mini small business, small overheads, no payroll, small turnover...maybe 'cause Ima girl?
Its the least I can get for tree work business, they don't offer less.
BUT they extended my policy to Bermuda at no extra cost...and previously here I had 1/2 mill for $500, with a local company, now that's expensive in comparison.

Mine went up for the first time in 3 years I think. May have to call my agent and negotiate....:/:

Haha! I was speaking tongue-in-cheek, as my agent is a friend of mine. My rate's been the same for three or four years now, with no increase. I suppose I can't complain. The company I was with before would raise rates EVERY year, sometimes nearly 20%. I'd call every year, explaining to the rep how I didn't even have to have his insurance, and that if it was going up that much, I'd drop it. He'd come up with a better rate each time, though it was always higher than the year before. When I switched over to my current agent (whose house I had roofed, and therefore become acquainted with), I told him how the other outfit did me every year. He said they make their best money on writing a new policy, and what the guy was likely doing was raising the rate to either make more money that way, or else provoke me to demand a "better" rate so he could shop it and write me a new policy every year.

The letter from the insurance company canceling, reminds of the ones you get from the utility companies if your payment is late. Faithfully pay your bill on time flawlessly for forty plus years, then being late one month for some reason, they threaten to shut you off. No level of concern or politeness, somebody ill....? Nothing, just pay up or we will screw you on such and such a day. That is some kind of humanity.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Well here it is less than a year after I found Farm Family to carry my business. Once again, I have had no claims and have not been late. Last week I was told that if I don't carry a minimum payroll(seen as more money in their pocket) and I am not a certified Arborist, then I will be cancelled.
What is it with running a small business(less than 200,000 gross) that let's these companies set the rules. We all know that they are corporations taking advantage of every loophole they can. I guess I just answered my own question.
Any suggestions on companies? I live in Mass, so my options are severely limited.

Like I said before, try Liberty Mutual / Liberty International. They are based in Boston.
I get coverage through Fitzpatrick's brokerage in Melbourne. They brokered me with Liberty International, so try and track them down in your area.

Back