Tipu psyllid

jefflovstrom@sb

TreeHouser
This may be regional, but I am dealing with this and wondering who might know something about this. It looks like this is going to be really bad.
Jeff

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hi Sqwerl, I know the facts but I was wondering if someone knows something that might ease the pain.
Thanks, Jeff

I've never heard of it here in Florida, but then we don't have a large rosewood population either. Is it doing a lot of damage there? I'd look to Ladybugs for relief.

On small trees, (with a canopy smaller than 15' tall and 15' wide) I have seen noticeable improvement by introducing...ladybugs! Aim for a dose of about 300 bugs/weekly (most will fly away) for as long as the client can tolerate ($).

On bigger trees, you'll need a systemic with something like imidacloprid (did I spell that right?). I tried a pesticide spray and it didn't do squat.

love
nick

I haven't had much success either in spraying a single tree. They will just reinfest from the surrounding area as soon as the stuff wears off.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Actually, after about 4 weeks, the problem was gone. Maybe it was a seasonal thing?
Thanks, Jeff

Back