You are now a logger

The last time I looked for health insurance loggers were on the exclusion page.

Enforcement of rules that make no sense isn't the issue. Insurance companies are jacked, now they get paid even higher premiums. The state of Washington L&I will reap several million extra a year for their "insurance" that employers have to purchase from them. Cool, Big money gets another win. 8)

I am pretty sure OSHA can only enforce regulations if you have employees. If you are a one man operation and the sole proprietor of the business, OSHA regulations do not apply, or at least they cannot make you comply. I had an OHSA inspector come to my home, listed as my business address, and asked where were the FED Labor posters, wanted to see my company safety and training manuals etc. At the time I had no employees and told him I was a one man operation. He made a notation in his book, left without me showing him anything, and never came back.

If anybody is doing any treework in the DC area, it would be pretty funny if you had to evacuate most of a city block in order to fall an 75 ft tree because they were within 2 1/2 tree lengths. It would be even funnier if some of those people forced to leave their building and go stand on the sidewalk were the a-holes who came up with this stupid idea. If anybody get the chance, I'd really appreciate some pictures. ;)

Cost cutting, bottom line, streamlined claims processes, more dividends to shareholders, more capital for investment.

Just the insurance industry taking advantage of Freedom, like Exxon/Mobil does.

I am soooo excited about this. I'm ordering caulks from baileys. That and suspenders. I want to act like that whiny one from Axe Men. Whats his name....... Jesse?
I mean no offense to loggers with my sarcasm. I thought I mighta read something of this nature over at another tree workers site as well. Lots of know it alls and I tend to discredit half of what i hear. I guess this confirms it.

So the question is...

everybody going to get upgraded on their insurance....or just cancel it?

Rates gonna have to go up fer sure.

Or (I know it's anti-American to suggest), rebellion is an option.

It sounds lame but how about some letter writing? I think I'll write my congressman and OSHA.

A Loggers point of view

While I am probably 99% Logger and 1% Arborist, I believe that there are only two differences between the two.

#1 Loggers top thier trees in 1 cut, usually bout knee high

#2 Loggers have bigger saws

;););)

Blasting rock out of a quarry does not make you a mason.

oh yeah?:D might be the logging in my blood

Attachments

• DSCF0204.JPG
    DSCF0204.JPG
    150.9 KB · Views: 15
Today I was deadwooding a corkscrew willow. It was max...30' tall. However there was one dead limb at the bottom that was a good 12' long and maybe 6" in diameter. I cut it out in one piece.

Am I a logger now, too?!

Darin, letter writing can be effective. It has to be in big numbers, I think. I'm writing my congressmen, too.

I'm sure we could find some local arborists to dump some chips all over DC. Leave a note that says, "see, if we were loggers, you could cut these up into wood and make houses out of them."

love
nick

Back