Yale Dynasorb vs. Samson Stable Braid

RiverRat

TreeHouser
Been using Stable Braid probably since it first came out. I'm very familiar with it. I know what I can get away with when things are close when using it. But, I've got a contract on 9 good size, cracker dead elms. 2 local established companies refused to give bids, with bucket truck access being in question & 5 of them being to tall for most bucket equipped trucks.

My questions: Is the Dynasorb long term durability on par with Stable Braid?

Is there enough of a difference that going to Dynasorb would be beneficial for use on dead trees?

There is no way I will be using this as my go to line on this job. But where it is safe to do so I will use it here (if I purchase it) to familiarize myself with it.

THANKS, Jeff

They have similar wear characteristics. Dynasorb/Polydyne will give a good bit more stretch, but it is really only noticeable under significant load.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Grendel,that is good usable info. Just the kind I was looking for.

If you want stretch try Atlas 9/16 the stuff is like a rubber band. Cover milks or the core shrinks which ever comes first. We have been beating a hank since December holding up well.

That's interesting Flushcut, I've had a bag full of Atlas for almost a year now, waiting to replace the hank of Polydyne I'm still slugging it out with. . . I'll have to give it a try. 8)

We use polydyne, same as dynasorb... It's great, definitely notice the stretch when rigging big chunks. Smoked a nice 5/8ths rope today on a biggie. Great rope, but use caution when rigging over decks, etc where margins are slim.

Back