WTB; GRCS

I would love to part with the 460mag as it only has a 2 weeks or so of use on it from hurricane Ike. I would sell it, but I love owning a saw with a lot of poke in it plus I don't think I could get a good price for it.

Whats a good price?

If I ever sold out or decided to do this part time a GRCS would be one of the last tools I would let go of. The GRCS doesn't wear out unless you really abuse the heck out of it which is why it commands such a high price even though it might be used.

If I did sell mine locally or at auction it wouldn't bring much because no one would know how to use it or just how useful a tool like that can be for taking down a tree. Selling one in a forum like this is the best way to go. It would be snatched up in a heartbeat for good money.

I haven't used mine in forever. It's really been pissing me off with the handle rattling behind the seat and the frame taking up precious toolbox space.

I'll sell it, I'll take about $3500 for it. :D

:lol:

Watched a 200T go over retail the other night.

Hey Brendon, I bet you could make the sky the limit after you buy the bucket truck if you package the GRCS and Wraptor as a kit :lol:

True for sure, I was thinking I wished I had a wraptor yesterday for my lazy arse. A bucket always comes up short sooner or later.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
came home this evening to find a grcs in my driveway!:boogie::D thanks Carl! cant wait to give it a spin tomorrow. anyone need a big box of packing peanuts?

Congrats. The GRCS has literally changed just about everything we do with regards to rigging. And we are still learning how to use the thing.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
used it today, poor little liquidambar didnt stand a chance:/:. ill put up some video when i put it together. lots of jobs coming up i just cant wait to use it on (and charge my employer for wear and tear;)).

Yes, but it's worlds better than starting the climb from the ground up.

Once, I got out of the bucket, I took a pretty big top on itself.
As I came down the stick, I noticed a huge undermining hollow that was covered with ivy.
If I'd known I probably might not have taken such a piece.

Just saying..

Once, I got out of the bucket, I took a pretty big top on itself.
As I came down the stick, I noticed a huge undermining hollow that was covered with ivy.
If I'd known I probably might not have taken such a piece.

Just saying..

That's my biggest fear about climbing out. But I agree with Butch it sure as hell beats starting up at the bottom, espescially for a bucket slug like me. When I climb out I always take a minute to give the trunk a good looking over on the way up in the bucket, but yes nothing beats how you 'know' the tree when starting from the ground up. My climber went up north for the winter and I promptly landed myself a good selection of climbing jobs. Today I climbed out and limbed/rigged a big azz bullpine up to about 80', and than got shutdown for funerals at the local cemetery. I should've checked things out beforehand I guess. Pissed about that, about 2.5hrs left to get it topped out and chunked down to where I can snuggle my arse back into my bucket and finish it out with ease. The trees dead too, I'd really rather have finished it today, but no noise during funerals. Now I gotta work Saturday, no funerals scheduled so far, but that's still a day away.

Back