would you bid?

Bermy

Acolyte of the short bar
...if so which one?
Ebay Australia

NEW Stihl 362 currently at $310AUD
NEW Husquvarna 562xp currently at $1062AUD

Both in box, same seller good rep...
Got a $20 bid in on a new 14" stihl bar...hope I get it!

I wouldn't he's from Queensland.:laughing6:

Watch the 362 in Sydney it finishes tomorrow about 1pm,$960. Looks like they're going for well over $1000. His last went for $920, it should be quiet on there tomorrow so probably won't get any bids. $28 to Melb so probably less than $40 to you.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hey...I have family in Queensland!:) ...in-laws though

$1062 is way better than $1500 which is what they cost new here for a 562!
New to eBay so I'll probably just watch this one...although I do need a 60/70 cc saw at some point.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Stihl-MS...n_15&hash=item2a2772f393&_uhb=1#ht_711wt_1137

That seems like a lot for a used 460 by US standards but I am getting the jist that saws are pretty expensive in your part of the world.

over 70cc but its a great model. IMHO it does everything a 660 does except buried full bar flush at the stump or in a monster log. A bit heavier than some you can still use it for pretty much anything else too. I live in Ohio though..

Screen shot 2012-12-31 at 6.12.56 PM.png

Yeah I saw that one...pick up only though, different State.
I'm used to US prices too...still coming to terms with costs here!

Fi, save your pennies now and when you pass through Boston on your way back to Bermuda, pick up a new 562XP there and stuff it in your luggage.
I may even be able to send that 066 to Boston for you too...............you just pay the shipping from Manitoba to Boston.

Looks like what I might have to do...Boston in three months time, well maybe six months on the way back from Bermyland after I cut a fortune in trees (wishing :))
General concensus seems to be to hold out for a 562.
Anybody used one up a tree yet? How's the weight and manouverability?

Ohhh but I could just afford the 362 now...tempting...

Boston in three months time, well maybe six months on the way back from Bermyland after I cut a fortune in trees (wishing :))
Ohhh but I could just afford the 362 now...tempting...
Please take no offense Fiona but I don't quite get where your priorities are. Most of us arbs on this site can't afford to work 2 different countries in the same year on opposite sides of the globe. But we can afford to buy a top production saw when needed and it pays for its self most times in the first day on the job.

But you're worried about a few hundred extra bucks for a saw that will serve you for years to come.

Please take no offense Fiona but I don't quite get where your priorities are. Most of us arbs on this site can't afford to work 2 different countries in the same year on opposite sides of the globe. But we can afford to buy a top production saw when needed and it pays for its self most times in the first day on the job.

But you're worried about a few hundred extra bucks for a saw that will serve you for years to come.

No offense...trust me, if I had the money that 562 would be in my shed as we speak.

I have very little cash flow right now. Big ticket items are carefully planned. I have obligations in Bda I have to attend to and I work there to cover expenses. I don't travel back and forth because I necessarily want to, but because I have to, and somehow we manage.
When things were better I was able to drop that money on good saws and did, and in Bda little saws will get you by, in Oz, different story...nowadays, I have to plan carefully and make sure I get best value for money.
It may sound like our life is glam, and we have disposable income, but in reality things are much more mundane than that. That couple hundred extra bucks...haven't seen them for a long time.
That's the short version, any more needs to be a private conversation or in the Elders.

Back