Working in the Rain?

Like Koa I wont stop for rain wonce I am started. We get a lot more wind to contend with. But in most trees its not an issue

I agree with Wesley- I dislike wind more than rain but try to avoid both when possible. Today I had both -lots of gusty winds and then a piddly little cloud came over and HAILED on me. I looked at the cloud and could hardly believe it was doing anything but knew it couldn't last so I just kept working.

I wont go if it's pouring in the morning. But if I get rained on while working, I'll try to finish up if its reasonable.
ditto, although storm work we just go do it. dont mind removals to much in the rain but i hate to start work when its pouring

It sucks. plain and simple. I'll do a removal in the rain, fall in the rain, rig in the rain, but no more pruning in the rain. FTS:evil: Funny the guys who bid the jobs most time s have never even climbed a year, let alone in the rain.

Bounce, sounds like your memory needs refreshing. I'll hook you up with some wetwork brother, see if we can't refresh your memory on icewater running down your arms as you reach up.:)

It sucks. plain and simple. I'll do a removal in the rain, fall in the rain, rig in the rain, but no more pruning in the rain. FTS:evil: Funny the guys who bid the jobs most time s have never even climbed a year, let alone in the rain.

Bounce, sounds like your memory needs refreshing. I'll hook you up with some wetwork brother, see if we can't refresh your memory on icewater running down your arms as you reach up.:)

same here...

Today I pruned a 75' tall x 100' wide coast live oak in the rain. I left the two low limbs because they were loooooong and the branches were slippery and I can reach them all with the pole pruner and ladder, when it dries up.

I like rain. It usually means it isn't hot out.

love
nick

Coast live oak in the rain? Aren't you worried about infecting the tree with SOD(phytopthera ramorum)?

Not in this climate. SOD isn't an issue in the Souther Cal. It's just too try here. I don't know if cases of it happening here.

Plus it was only dead-wooding. I know that involves occasional cutting into the cambium, but it is very limited.

love
nick

Back