Wood Furnace

• Thread starter Jonseredbred
  • Start date
  • Replies 67
  • Views 7K
After reading this thread I have come to the conclusion that I want a wood burning furnace really bad! Our furnace seems like it never shuts off here. It just seems like a no brainer.

Did I tell you I am really jealous?! :)

Wood burning stove with a well placed fan or two works just fine, unless you live in a giant mansion like Jonseredbred.:D

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yah, big mansion. A whole 1400 SF of "mansionism"

jonsered--what make of furnace you have--i must have missed it--thanks

We have a 5 ton geothermal heat pump as well for our 2700sqft.

Currently it is 44* outside and 64 inside. Earlier this morning the house was 62*.

The heat comes on at 61* for mother's sake. The heat pump has a electrical heating grid if it gets too behind, however it is disconnected as it isn't needed. The only time it ever came on is when the unit was low on freon several years ago.

We have a gas log fireplace (no chimney), but no gas hooked to it. We have lit it twice over the 15 years we've lived here to make sure it still works.

I bought a US Stove Company 1600 "Clayton". It is on the cheaper end of the whole furnace thing but it has the same thickness steel and burn thru warranty as the competitors at twice the price.

Carl, the guy who did the sheet metal work for my furncae also does geothermal units. He has never sold more than 3 or 4 a year.

This year he has sold 50.

Yeah, when we put our's in, we had the only one around. Dunno how many are around now.

Har har Burn. It does help though, and I am growing my hair back out for the winter and that has made a "large" difference. I've spent 2.5 hours between the last 2 nights after class killing beavers in sub 40* temps.

Hahaha killing them for a friend. They have ravaged his (new to him) lake and the surrounding trees.

7 have went to the here after, another 3 or so to go.

what you using for bait LJ?
:shifty: :D
TRAP_SET.GIF

Haha Pauly!

Burnham would be correct. The price of their pelts is down really low, like 8 bucks or some such.

I'm using my 308, but firing it off hand to get some credit from Burn. I haven't made any 200 yard off hand kills, although most are in the 50ish yard range with the 15.5lbs pig while holding the flashlight.

Back