what does my new ms200t need??

OK, I am goingto ask the $10, 000 question.

Where did this quote term " 4 stroking" come from anyway in relationship to saw tuning. I know what it means but I never heard of this catch phrase 4 stroking till I got involved in these chainsaws on the net.

Am I missing something somewhere along the line?? I just fail to see how a proper tuned 4 stroke engine has anything to do with adjusting a chainsaw carb.

He's referring to hearing just a tiny bit of 'blubbering' in the sound of the saw at full throttle without a load. You hold the throttle wide open, tune it to the highest rpm, then keep turning the screw counterclockwise until the rpm's drop a bit and you hear a hint of a blubber.

I think Larry knows what the term refers to, Brian...he's asking what the origin of the term is...I'd like to know as well :).

yeah, I never heard of it, but will probably adopt it! I've tuned Holleys a bit and flat slide motorcycle stuff and never heard it.

I think Larry knows what the term refers to, Brian...he's asking what the origin of the term is...I'd like to know as well :).

The first time I ever heard the term was when I went to Madsen's website for saw carb tuning...

Madsen's saw carb tuning page.

This step by step from Madsen's is the best saw carb tuning advice i have ever read or used...

Gary

Thanks Gary! I used to have that page bookmarked, but about 1-2 years ago Madsen's took down everything on their website except the main page. Last time I checked about 6 months ago it was still gone so I deleted the bookmark. Glad they finally got it back up again.
:)

I don't know where the term came from either though I use it frequently .

It could perhaps be the way the engine emulates a 4 cycle sound when set slightly rich .

just remembered I heard it back when tuning model airplane engines like the old COX .049 and the like

Back