WE LOST ALL OUR PICS!

How about some SELF-POLICING!!!!

This forum has the best pics and I don't want us to lose them.

Everyone can use the Microsoft editor that comes on virtually every PC to compress the picture for websites without losing much quality or use photobucket that does not effect the database.

Eat up Photobucket's bandwidth not ours.

Fred

Hmm I posted all my pics on your thread which is a double post of this post before catching up in here. Interesting I've always enjoyed the size and quality of the pics on here, I guess I could learn to make them smaller if I have to.:(

What about using photobucket or another similar storage site and then embedding the pics from there? That way the pics will always be stored for you?
I know it's more work but if you can save the pics for as long as needed, maybe it's worth it?

jp:D

I too enjoy large pictures of decent + quality. My internet connection is slower than most peoples on here (I'm assuming) although it should be faster (1.5Mbps) than it is (400kbs depending).

Anywho, I host all my pics on photobucket, and I greatly enjoy the large embedded pics on this sight. While one page is loading I go to another browswer window in the other monitor.

Tiny pics suck!

All I'm worried about is if we have a bunch of restrictions on posting pics, then we'll see less pics.

What's a BMP? My head is swimming from reading about all these megabytes, gigabytes, and computer business. I figured out how to navigate here quite well and to be able to post pics but I have zero idea of the mechanics behind it.

I figured out how to navigate here quite well and to be able to post pics but I have zero idea of the mechanics behind it.
Me to dude. I learned everything I know about posting pics & stuff on a computer right here at the T-House.
I is probably a spetter beller because of coming here to 8)

Reconstruct a thread's attachments?

I don't even know if I want to suggest this, really...but here goes.

IF Butch can work it so that I or others could edit an old thread, would it be worthwhile to add the pics back in to some of the best ones we lost?

I'm thinking of the Felling with D. Douglas Dent thread...that one I could figure out without too much difficulty, I think.

But is it worth the effort? Will it just get lost eventually in an auto-prune?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yeah, I think I can fix that part now. What's happened is in the admin function, I've lost all the descriptions (on the left) of all the parameters (on the right). I think I can fix it...

Lemme try...

We lost the CHEERLEADER Thread?!!! Holy sheepshit!

I have a couple of opinions about this...

This is a great site, bar and grill, place to hang out, but... it's a searchable resource with real value. Limiting thread life to 60 days limits the value of the resource. If we value the resource enough, perhaps a change of software is in order... and that would take time and effort, maybe paid, maybe volunteer, maybe both... but WE would need to kick in and help make it happen.

SMF is a solid forum package. The photography site I used to mod on switched to it from vBulletin. The image archive there is extensive, the files are large and it goes back over a year. SMF is worth looking into.

If you REALLY wanna post pictures without Butch incurring lots overhead, the ticket is to host the image files somewhere else and post using the code. It gives you more control of your images for one thing, it also means the Treehouse host runs faster because it's not constantly serving up big-ass image files. It can be one of those obstacles you just don't want to deal with because you don't know how but it's really pretty easy once you do it a few times. There are lots of free image hosting sites that allow hot-linking but some don't so you have to pick your host carefully. The best way is if you have some web space somewhere like for a personal website, that gives you complete control.

I can't believe we lost the Cheerleader thread! [img]http://www.arborcarolina.com/_Images/Smileys/aaf_cry.gif

OK, Butch. Thanks anyway.

I'm not even sure it's worth the effort to go back and do this, for the most part. I'd be curious to see if anyone is interested. It would be time-consuming, since posting pics is usually a long drawn-out hassle for me.

Back