Wally

MasterBlaster

Administrator Emeritus
I had a pet squirrel for 12 years. His name was Mr. Boodles.

Meet Wally. :drink:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/yxd4nltnfyU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Lks-5XgtiJc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/1FEgsTdzG4k" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/A-QUGSX4B5w" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/RK7rSYRyV68" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/cO0oR2P2knE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/3A0ctGAqSvc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/ta1QuF6mlRs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/hkZ_BoKUfEY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/LK6DcOy2Rx0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Z1-VKrt1VSE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/pOgojMpMf5U" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/-rhehYutJVA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Rv06HQJBF_g" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

how's the hygiene situation on an indoor squirrel?

At a job recently, there was a small breed of pig as an indoor pet. Supposedly as hygienic as you would like to make them, like a dog. Way less shedding than Rupert!!

photo.JPG Pearl likes the Tree House too! I think she has a crush on Wally.
Puppy formula works for the babies too Butch, we've raised several on it. Works for 'possums and coons too. Sean, to answer your hygiene question, if you leave them out, they'll leave you a present here and there, the males being the worst. The males will also chew just about everything they can get their teeth on, especially when they're young.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Something to remember is you can only have one squirrel at a time. If you have more than one, they won't bond with you as well as if there was only one. An only squirrel thinks he's a human, but a pair realize they are squirrels. Also, if you can get them before their eyes open, the bond is the strongest. A female makes the best pet.

Are they always so hyper, like in the vid, or can they chill? Seems like you might want to slow them down a little. ;)

Jay, Butch is right, the females are normally calmer and the males are more wired up, playful and usually more apt to bite. The older they get, the more laid back they get. They all seem to have the same sweet spot under their front leg that if you scratch it, they almost go into a trance it feels so good. Did yours do that Butch?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Mine had all sorts of sweet spots, but he never went into a trance, so to speak. I could make him do a Mt T impression, it was funny. Our trick was him snatching a sunflower seed from between my teeth.

Back