Volunteering

is there a buzzard rescue league or is it only for the prestigious birds of prey?

gotta look out for my boys.

nice pics and better work guys. thanks

Finally. This was fun...dumped the very dead Oak into the woods. Did several along the nature path, but this was the biggest and most fun. Sometimes I like reaping carnage..............:lol: What say thee Burnham?
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/vhHbp5BMC2M"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/vhHbp5BMC2M" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

John sent me an email to make sure I caught his vid and question. Here's my reply that I sent back before I had an opportunity to view it:

I will as soon as I can get to a computer that has youtube enabled, John. Sorry to be so late in replying, I'm on a work trip down to Scottsdale, AZ. Attending a FS climbing program technical advisory group meeting.

We have to drive 40 minutes to get to the closest wild trees to do some demo testing climbing tomorrow...there are three cottonwoods and no others for 50+ miles . I don't know why people like to live in the desert.

I will be checking your vid out as soon as I can.

General advice? Keep your head up, looking at the top, as much as possible as you put in the face and backcut. Do this in a standing possition, not down low. When wedging those over, make sure to not set up a rhythm...that can really start the dead shat to fall on your head. Running is good, too...make sure you have an escape path planned and cleared, and use it! As soon as the tree commits, get away behind another tree and stay there for as long as it takes for eveything to settle down...plus a count of 10!

Snags are out to kill you...no doubt about it. Work with them with that idea in the front of your mind.

I'll look forward to seeing the vid.
Burnham

I finally did get to view it! Hard to see much detail, but it looks like you followed much of the general advice I offered up...you did a fine job!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Crane guy agreed to donate a little time for this PI covered Poplar over fox exhibits........I hope I don't end up in the doctors office for this one:O
Mostly rode up, bombed what I could, picked the trunk wood:)

oh yeah...had to boom everything into the enclosure since the primary was only 8' away.....I was pinching a bit:|:

I have it....washed wit it. But no matter, this risk is still there. I better wash that rope and my handsaw for sure

Back