Tying off to a vehicle

A friend is a rigger and they used those to safety off to pipes when doing big jobs (he helped build Cabella's sites e.g.).

They still only have a 5000 pound rating but are useful at times.

Gary, you were not kidding about a big biner! That is the biggest biner I've ever seen! What is it called, and where did you buy it? Thanks in advance for any answer you can give.

Tim

scaffold carabiner , buy it where fine biners are sold. Grainger has 'em.

I don't know if you are still working on this, but here's a picture of a bollard type thing I welded up and use as a basal anchor in the receiver tube on my truck all the time. climbingbollard.jpg

Thanks! Butch, my name is Eron. The one I made is HEAVY, but it seems like a portawrap welded to a piece of 0.25" wall x 2" square tubing would do the same job and weigh less.

Thanks, SoonerFan!
MasterBlaster, I was looking at my portawrap this morning, and it's too small to run a 2" square tube through to match the receiver - you'd have to make a larger bollard for that idea to work.

This is just easier for me. We just use a steel crab on a hole or chain loop on the hitch itself. That way I don't have a huge chunk of steel to haul around other than the large porty itself.
This method also gives me two hook up points for a mechanical advantage (MA) system and a capture point (Porty) for lowering.

Attachments

• AttachingLineToWench4719ACX.jpg
    AttachingLineToWench4719ACX.jpg
    338.6 KB · Views: 32
Yup plus one less knot to untie if your using your truck to pull trees over.
Good advice cursedvoyce!

Back