Trees Take Asprin When They Feel Sick.

• Thread starter Knotahippie
  • Start date
  • Replies 6
  • Views 1K
I heard about that study on the radio day before yesterday. Morons. Of course plants produce aspirin like compounds-Duh , we developed aspirin from human experience with willow bark tea. Finding methyl salicylate in the air around a trre is interesting but unless there is some significant evidence not presented in the article or the radio blurb the whole "plant communication" thing is a WAG.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I heard about that study on the radio day before yesterday. Morons. Of course plants produce aspirin like compounds-Duh , we developed aspirin from human experience with willow bark tea. Finding methyl salicylate in the air around a trre is interesting but unless there is some significant evidence not presented in the article or the radio blurb the whole "plant communication" thing is a WAG.

True, It's pretty far out there.

I wasn't trying to shoot the messenger BTW-It IS interesting. The radio report I heard was just all fluff with no specifics supporting the assertions.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Pretty typical of news/radio reports.

We had a report that plants put hydrocarbons into the atmosphere here. I can't seem to find it. Happens more when plants are cut or mowed such as lawn or alfalfa.

Back