Tree services in Fl. (Jacksonville, St. Augustine, Daytona)

MooseHunter113

TreeHouser
There is a good chance i will be moving the St. Augustin within the next year or so and i was hoping any of you guys from Fl. could point me in the direction of a company that would be good to work for (benefits, paid vacations and what not). I have done some research of my own but its hard to tell just by the name. I have my class B CDL and by the time i move i should have my Certified Arborist (taking the test in April) so i would like a company that would use what i have to offer (my last job would not have cared for either of the 2). Any help you guys have is appreciated!!!

Jay

I'm not really familiar with anybody outside of about a 15 mile radius. Heck, there are companies I'll see working in my area that I've never heard of. My best suggestion would be to check with the local Vermeer/Sherrill dealer and talk with the guys at the counter. They will probably know most of the guys who regularly buy decent gear. There are a ton of companies that never use anything more advanced than a buttstrap saddle and Arborplex with a tautline hitch tied directly to the D rings. Going to the supplier of the good gear will instantly allow you to skim the cream off the top.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
excellent advice Brian!! when i made this thread i was hoping you would chime in since its in your area. Thanks

Jay

You're welcome. Good luck with your quest. Holler when you get down here and I'll come up and buy you lunch. :)
Maybe we can even get Joel to join us.

Will the move improve your chances of bagging a moose?

Brian's idea seems like a sound one. You could do a web search too and check out the different services' web pages and see who talks a good line.

Be glad to get together! Brians advice is solid, you could also search the biz licences for the area on myflorida.com. I don't know anyone over there off hand. but I'll keep my ears open!

I can only think of 2 up that way that would be decent and they are asplunduh or bur ford,but both do line clearance.

There is a good chance i will be moving the St. Augustin within the next year or so and i was hoping any of you guys from Fl. could point me in the direction of a company that would be good to work for ...
Jay
Danny Taylor runs a good company in st. aug's. Not sure if he is hiring or not.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I can only think of 2 up that way that would be decent and they are asplunduh or bur ford,but both do line clearance.

I'm not opposed to doing a tour of duty in line clearance I just dont know if i would want it to be permanent but if the money is right then the wife and kids are happy and if they are happy then I'm allowed to be happy. good tip thanks.

Danny Taylor runs a good company in st. aug's. Not sure if he is hiring or not.

I won't be moving immediately and i don't mind taking a temporary gig and waiting for a good one if thats what it takes. I'll be sure to contact Danny when i get there. Maybe even a meet and greet a couple months before i get there so he can keep me in mind. Thanks Treelooker i do appreciate it.

There are a ton of companies that never use anything more advanced than a buttstrap saddle and Arborplex with a tautline hitch tied directly to the D rings.

Sounds a lot like my climbing setup,wait it is except i have a carabiner for my climb line.I have out climbed some guys that use vt and other set ups with a pulley.

Maybe even a meet and greet a couple months before i get there so he can keep me in mind. Thanks Treelooker i do appreciate it.

Sure; pm me if you get dates that you are going down there; i may have sub work in the area.

Gear and knots are personal preference, and not synonymous with professionalism imo--ask MasterBlaster about the tautline. ;)

Back