Treated my self to a early Christmas gift

Gallagher

TreeHouser
Got myself a rope runner and new climbing lines. Also new spur pads since my ground guy caught my spur pads on fire and climbing line other little shit.

Any pointers on using the rope runner other then starting low and slow for the first few climbs. Also wanted to post and say thanks to treestuff for the great service as always. 20151024_154105.jpg
20151024_153900.jpg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yea I am pumped I am waiting for the rain to clear up this morning to go climb. I had to use the Christmas gift idea so my wife wouldn't kill me spending that much money . Super pumped to climb with the rope runner

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I had a spool of hitch cord and I had a map gas torch out one morning to burn the ends after cutting a section out . Well my ground guy thought it would be a good idea to put the torch in my climbing gear bag . 2 hours later I'm driving down Rte 3 and see smoke coming out of the chip truck side box. So that's how I lost a rope , rope bag , spur pads, and a throw line cube.

Gawd-a-mighty! Could have been catastrophic. I looked in my side view mirror last year and saw fire. I had a half gallon water on the seat beside me. I ran back and the passenger side tire of the chipper was on fire...it had blown, knocked the fender off and caught fire. I had just enough water to put out the flames. On the other side of the chipper was the gas tank that I had just learned before I picked it up from my brother -in law that the tank had a crack in a seam.

While I was trying to put out the fire I was wondering if the whole contraption was going to explode.

Fun.:lol:

I had a similar event, not the fire part, I just got my runner about 2 weeks ago, new caddilac pads, big shot, and a few other odds and ends. The runner is just fantastic, I love it. However I am having issues with a smooth ascent system, might have to add a HAAS or SAKA into my system. Good luck with the new gear, if you like the runner as much as I do you'll be one happy guy. Maybe you should order a fire extinguisher to go with it? just in case :/:

I carry a small fire extinguisher on each truck, and its location gets pointed out right away to new employees, right next to the PPE bucket, and first-aid kits. I should get fire extinguishers for the loader trailer and chipper.

Cheap insurance.

I had the chipper catch fire two days ago nothing major just ash dust build up under the exhaust. I wish it would have burned to the ground.

Agreed. Should go with every machine excepting hand-held.

I'm sure you can find more ash dust somewhere, Rajan.

Back