Trailer Hitch Project

NickfromWI

King of Splices
I've got these two rock walls that get hauled around town. One requires a 2 5/16" ball, the other is 2". We wanna trade out the small one so that both require 2 5/16".

Where do I go to find a new piece to bolt on?

Here's the pics.

the first is the small one. The second is the big one.

Attachments

• small hitch.JPG
    small hitch.JPG
    43.8 KB · Views: 79
  • big hitch.JPG
    big hitch.JPG
    72.9 KB · Views: 79
Trailer hitch/RV parts and supply store? Google is your friend. :)

You ever heard of a thing called a 'phone book'? Look for one with 'yellow pages'. Then look up 'trailer hitches'.
:|:

The 2 5/16" is one funky monkey.

It'd probably be easier to swap it, but with some searching you can find one for the 2"er.

What about some dimensions of the 2" coupe rs tongue/coupler?

What's wrong with the 2 5/16?

It is only really used on trailer house moves any more. 2" is the standard for about anything else, and I garuntee you can find a hitch for the second pic. faster than you can find a 2 5/16" for the first pic!!!!
And it will be cheaper!!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Just to verify, you're suggesting replacing just this part here with another that can take a 2" ball?

love
nick

Attachments

• trailer hitch 2.JPG
    trailer hitch 2.JPG
    59.9 KB · Views: 60
And knowing Nick,he is pulling it with a half ton, so...............

Hooked up to my hybrid, sillies!!!

Actually, it's hooked up to a 15 passenger van. I don't have any idea what the wall weighs. I'll check the manual tomorrow and see if it's in there.

Weight matters, to a point!!! Most all class III hitches are limeted at 10K#'s 500-1000#'s tounge weight.

A 2" ball will take all of this with ease. You brek 10K'#'s go big or go home.

Nah- this climbing wall aint no where near 10,000 pounds. When we're hooking it up it don't take much pressure to move the the receiver around to line it up with the ball. I know what a heavy chipper feels like, and this is no where NEAR that.

Nah- this climbing wall aint no where near 10,000 pounds. When we're hooking it up it don't take much pressure to move the the receiver around to line it up with the ball. I know what a heavy chipper feels like, and this is no where NEAR that.

Then take the 2 5/16" hitch, and go to Attwoods, or Tractor Supply etc., and get one in 2", then go home and bolt it up and you are done!!!
They want the big one, they have it available!

rv trailer places should have both, go withwhich ever is cheaper or in stock;) if you replace the one thats 2" youll need to know the size of the tube its on, and you may have to drill the tube to make it fit. the other style just bolt in place

If you have a receiver hitch why not just get or make a multi sized ball thing . I think northern hydraulics sells them ,TSC a bunch of places .

I have single sized hitchs that slid in the receiver every thing from a 1 7/8" ball to a pintle .
By the way ,most of my stuff is 2 5/16"

If you have a receiver hitch why not just get or make a multi sized ball thing . I think northern hydraulics sells them ,TSC a bunch of places .

I have single sized hitchs that slid in the receiver every thing from a 1 7/8" ball to a pintle .
By the way ,most of my stuff is 2 5/16"

Al has the right idea if your van has a reciever hitch. Just get a multi ball hitch, a 3 way like in the link or they have 2 way one's also.

http://www.tractorsupply.com/webapp...0551_10001_115028_-1______?rFlag=true&cFlag=1

Back