Thoughts on New England Tachyon rope . . .

tpcollins

TreeHouser
as far as working well with frictions hitches and fairly decent to make small eye splices with, thanks.

I got a length of Tachyon last summer, got a few climbs in on it, It was my first 11mm rope. I like it fine for DdRT, lighter than the XTC. It works just fine with HC cord, VT and hitch Climber. No problems.
I need a new rope for SRT, I would go with the fatter 11mm ropes, probably Vortex or Bluemoon. I think the Tachyon would be a bit skinny for the grip needed.

Oh yeah, it came with a small eye splice from TreeStuff.

Meh, tachyon. Depends on the batch you get , it's not a consistent rope IMO. One of my hanks is awesome , I absolutely love it. The other hank is just squishy, kind of bunches up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When I was looking into ropes I thought I remember reading about tachyon being very slick and more so when wet? I have no experience with it tho but I will say that I'm very happy with the bluemoon I recently got and it's performance srt.

My Tachyon when new was slicker than I had been used to, but it settled down after a couple climbs.
I don't climb in the rain, and if I'm up a tree when it does, I'm coming down! So wet, I dunno.

Tachyon is ok, not a bad rope. But I think others are better. Bluemoon/Poison Ivy, for example.

Back