The Truck Thread

I finally got an available day to get the tool box door replaced on my bucket truck. I smashed it a couple months ago on a job when I jumped off a 50' live oak limb over a road and it bounced back up and over into the truck. After several dead ends I finally got hold of Tom at Altec in the used parts department and he was able to order the new door for me from Knapheide. Only cost me $150 delivered to my door and includes a new latch.

So tomorrow I'm taking it to my welder/hydraulic/mechanic guy who will remove the old door and weld the new one on (the hinge strap is welded on). Then I'll swap the key cylinder and paint it with a rattle can of touch up paint.

I'll find out tomorrow, Jon. Kind of like tree guys, they don't want to give a price until they see the job. He's not the cheapest in town but he's fair and does good work. At this point I'm not super concerned about the exact dollar amount.

ae6be9f6-be78-b896.jpg
ae6be9f6-be89-aca5.jpg

Huntin me a truck

In the market for a new truck and thinking about getting this one. What do y'all think? 99' 124k miles 7.3 liter diesel. Asking price is 11,500, seller said the truck has minor rust on the inside of the doors. Planning on getting a Biofuel Alternatives V3 system to run veggi oil in it.8)

ford 4.jpg ford 1.jpg ford 2.jpg ford 3.jpg

Looks like a nice truck. It's an early 99' FYI. They have a smaller turbo, injectors, lower HP, and some different suspension parts from the late model 99'+. It's not a big deal just something you need to know when buying parts in the future. Mines an early 99' and goes pretty well. Rust on the bottom door lip is normal for a wet/snow climate. Factory running boards helps eliminates that problem, or pack them with grease. Check rust on the oil pan, it's not an easy job to repair as you either have to pull the motor, or be creative and jack it up out of it's perch somehow. Price isn't outrageous, be a nice truck for 10k from what they sell for around here.

Looks like a nice truck. It's an early 99' FYI. They have a smaller turbo, injectors, lower HP, and some different suspension parts from the late model 99'+. It's not a big deal just something you need to know when buying parts in the future. Mines an early 99' and goes pretty well. Rust on the bottom door lip is normal for a wet/snow climate. Factory running boards helps eliminates that problem, or pack them with grease. Check rust on the oil pan, it's not an easy job to repair as you either have to pull the motor, or be creative and jack it up out of it's perch somehow. Price isn't outrageous, be a nice truck for 10k from what they sell for around here.

Thanks for the info! How can you tell its an early 99?

Fender badge that says power stroke. All of the very earlies came through with a fender badge, some earlies came through with a door badge towards the end and all 99.5+ had a door badge.

Again.. a plethora of information can be found in the Tree House. I don't know how some of you guys keep up with all of the information you obtain and pass on.. I think my cranial hard drive is full....

I purge mine every so often.
Getting kicked in the head erases the hard disc.;)

New to this site, how many truck pictures do you want? Since this is a tree forum, how about my 1996 F-350 bucket truck?

FordF-350002.jpg

Moving day, my 1989 IH rollback with my 1985 IH flatbed on the back.

FordF-350004.jpg

Got a bunch more of some of my older trucks.

Back