The Official Work Pictures Thread

My tip? Grab a snack, a cold drink, sit down in a comfortable chair and fire up your PC or laptop! :beer:

I second that.

But whateva you gots to do, do it, we need us a Jedidiah fix.

I use Samsung internet as my browser, and i just click the picture icon, browse, then click the picture i want to add. You have to upload them individually. Usually they are under pictures. If it says the file is too big, text them to yourself, and then save it when it comes in. It will be automatically resized to be small enough to upload. When looking for it the pictures will be under download

It sucks to use a phone sometimes, but the nice thing is that it's always with you. I only use my phone

Yes. Of the foreign type as well. So many slang names I can’t keep straight. Chinese,Siberian,piss elm. All the same to me. I should learn the proper name sometime.

Piss elm has a nice derogatory over tone to it. Purely for laughs and academic study of course.

Their seeds clog my gutters every spring/summer. Volunteers along every fenceline.

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

Almost got up to the hinge. Had a huge interruption in the grain at 8-10'. If it was straight, with that lean, if have chained it or bored it, which I had almost done.

Skidded and stacked more alder, fir, and cedar mill logs. Alder is a top payer.
Cedar is going to a local mill, not market.

Chipper spring broke. At the least 12 years old, probably much, much older. New one for me.

I'll be back there tomorrow and have a closer look. The tree didn't even start to flex the hinge. Split while cutting.

I was Dum not to have bored it. Plain and simple. End of a full day.

I had a pre planned, clear exit, and am quick on my feet.

Sean, much as I appreciate your experience and skills...that alder DID flex. Like I said, they don't need much provocation to BC, but if it split, then it flexed first. Not so most of us would notice, but it did. It had to for the BC to occur.

But like you said...have a plan, have a clear exit, be aware and quick to react. It's the only way to stay whole.

I'm sure it did flex. I mean it didn't start to move to the lay in an apparent way, and the face was clean, no Dutchman.

Several long days in a row. Chill day tomorrow, earlier end. Have you ever met my slave driver boss who wants me to keep going going?

Sure have, Sean. He's a mean bastard, isn't he :D.

Yessir, any red alder can be killing bitch of a tree...always be careful. As you clearly know well and act accordingly on. No stones thrown from here, my friend.

I use Samsung internet as my browser, and i just click the picture icon, browse, then click the picture i want to add. You have to upload them individually. Usually they are under pictures. If it says the file is too big, text them to yourself, and then save it when it comes in. It will be automatically resized to be small enough to upload. When looking for it the pictures will be under download

Man, Kyle... thanks a ton. I'll look into that on Saturday. Really appreciate your advice... I'm pretty sure that's what's messing me up, is my stupid pics are just to stinkin big to upload right. I'll look into the texting them to myself deal. Anyway... with or without me... rock on Treehouse. :rockon:

Yeah these phones now actually have very hd picture quality, but that takes a bunch of space. Easiest way that i can figure, other than dropping the quality on your camera settings, is just text them to yourself. I look forward to seeing your awesome hinges :)

New one for me.

A water oak, needing some reduction over the roof, and stem-girdling root pruning.

There is one big girdler that I want to cut, but it about 4" in diameter, not girdling too bad around the trunk, though going right over a buttress root. I'll need to get some pictures.

I shot a throw line up through, and attached another line on the far side, added another weight and steel biner, and danced it into place from the two sides, about as high as I wanted to/ could go.

Two SRT lines are nice for walking around the canopy and not having to lanyard in to tie-in twice. I needed it for positioning at times. Somewhat flat of line angles. Luckily, its strong like oak. I was way out there.

Some kinda magnolia that's rotten as all get-out next to it. That's gotta get a major reduction or removal. 4' across. been topped. Not very fast growing at all. Rotten, rotten.
Huge conks that looked like ganoderma from the top. Didn't really look closely. Didn't see the huge fruiting bodies behind ferns until late in the day, after traversing through the oak and across it to do house clearance pruning.

Just one of our oaks. I'm on the crane ball, the other guy is one of our fatter women. Was a great climber many moo s ago, but now he has a little lift that moves him around.��

Alder logging.
Wrecked a cracked maple.
Wrecked two willows.

No cleanup. Taking the logs for free.
Hook up some friends with firewood.

My friend getting firewood and smoking wood is a commercial fisherman. The homeowner and I will be getting smoked salmon tomorrow. IMG_20180329_112502381.jpg IMG_20180329_152316316.jpg IMG_20180329_112517370.jpg IMG_20180329_152356457.jpg IMG_20180329_112526209.jpg IMG_20180329_141404019.jpg

Almost got up to the hinge. Had a huge interruption in the grain at 8-10'. If it was straight, with that lean, if have chained it or bored it, which I had almost done.

Skidded and stacked more alder, fir, and cedar mill logs. Alder is a top payer.
Cedar is going to a local mill, not market.

Chipper spring broke. At the least 12 years old, probably much, much older. New one for me.

That orange painted box must be the emergency spill kit, complete with toilet paper and a clean set of underwear. ;)

Back