The Official Work Pictures Thread

Yeah I know. It was just discussed Monday night. Hence the reason I might need to talk with Paul. I might need to go to crane school. I ran one once for a couple hours 15 years ago moving concrete forms around. I will probably be the op when it happens. As of right now I'm working hard at training my replacement. He's 22 and really wants to learn. Just getting him to trust his gear is a challenge. He watches me do it but he gets nervous. Getting better every day though

Ive never seen them here before, nice! So they were good for filling that hole that wasn't wide enough for a timber, right?
Cory, fill a hole, level a grade or up against an embankment, wherever there is some ground irregularity that needs leveling under an outrigger, the sandbags are very purposeful. People who use them say that they can't get along without.

Yeah I know. It was just discussed Monday night. Hence the reason I might need to talk with Paul. I might need to go to crane school. I ran one once for a couple hours 15 years ago moving concrete forms around. I will probably be the op when it happens. As of right now I'm working hard at training my replacement. He's 22 and really wants to learn. Just getting him to trust his gear is a challenge. He watches me do it but he gets nervous. Getting better every day though

Rec climbing without production pressure would help, probably.

Dstimber,..I like the track drive nifty lifts too, I rented a td120 for a week and really liked it, so easy to get right into where you need to be placed without having to be hitched to a truck to move it. Can set everything from in the basket too, including driving.

I agree very handy. I have a tree(trees)I'm working a quote on now. Three silver maples growing from the same hole in the ground. 80 footers. Two of the stems are 80-90% white rot from the base to 30 foot up. slightly leaning over a home. I believe the tops of the two bad stems can be rigged out off the good tree then just chuck the bad down . That 50ft won't get the job done. Almost backed out completely. Then the owner told me the 2 other local guys with 60ft buckets are going to have to rent something taller as well but are a little leary of the tree. So I'm on the hunt for something taller. Found an 85ft tuepen track lift. They are wanting 1500.00 a day rent on it tho. Yikes! I think I paid 375 for the weekend on the nifty.

Cory, fill a hole, level a grade or up against an embankment, wherever there is some ground irregularity that needs leveling under an outrigger, the sandbags are very purposeful. People who use them say that they can't get along without.

:thumbup:

I agree very handy. I have a tree(trees)I'm working a quote on now. Three silver maples growing from the same hole in the ground. 80 footers. Two of the stems are 80-90% white rot from the base to 30 foot up. slightly leaning over a home. I believe the tops of the two bad stems can be rigged out off the good tree then just chuck the bad down . That 50ft won't get the job done. Almost backed out completely. Then the owner told me the 2 other local guys with 60ft buckets are going to have to rent something taller as well but are a little leary of the tree. So I'm on the hunt for something taller. Found an 85ft tuepen track lift. They are wanting 1500.00 a day rent on it tho. Yikes! I think I paid 375 for the weekend on the nifty.

Bid it to safely, successfully, predictably complete the job for the homeowner (their problem, you are their solution) and make money.

What if some something collapses?

How much for dismantle and disposal if the tree is sound? Do you have any other expenses due to rotten wood. Add $1500 for lift, add $500/1000 or something for coordination and risk of damage.

Shit trees cost lots more.

Did a dead and a dying spruce removal, etc at this long time customer's house. No big deal. I cut the first from a springboard after using a clinometer app. I was long by a couple feet, but no harm done. Cheap chain link fence that has had maples growing through it for at least the last 8 to 10 years.

Second tree, Wraptor ride up partway to the topping cut, then dumping some logs. Used the mini to move brush piles as a crash pad over the septic. Ground was hard as anything, with no rain in a long time, and recent high heat. No big deal.

The tree was fading green two weeks ago, dead as dead gets by Friday afternoon start time. We worked yesterday to finish the project.

The narrow width of the Boxer's retracted, expandable tracks made it through the gate, and down the side of the house. BMG did its part. I barely sweat. New young groundman who is very promising is on board...he broke a sweat. My flaky former employee, back from his honeymoon and broke was supposed to work, but flaked yesterday morning...double booked himself. I am thankful that he saved me the headache of using him as a fill-in. Predictably unreliable. A good guy, all and all, just not as an employee. Too Stony.

Finished a stump job from removals for a commercial property, with some work added to the scope.

Never tried straw on seed before, rarely dealing with that end.

. IMG_20170811_174930569.jpg IMG_20170811_174935248.jpg IMG_20170812_154955700.jpg IMG_20170813_143845526.jpg

Nice! Sundays are reserved for taking my girl to see her Grandpa.

If I wasn't doing that I would work, but I'd avoid using chainsaws, keep the noise down on Sundays.

No kiddo today.

Make hay while the sun shines. More time for her when I'm with her. Her mom has been traveling for work a lot, so I've been busy balancing childcare, with getting her to 9am summer camp, pick up at 4pm, and working. Soon school will start. Schedules will normalize.

Job from Saturday. Jason and I removed 18 dead ash from this little patch of woods. Aside from a few large oaks, the ash was the dominating species here. Had to be cautious to not damage the young saplings in the process.
IMG_1901.jpg IMG_1899.jpg

Looks like a great job. What did you pile it up with, mini or bobcat? Now the log truck? Do you have to pay for that wood removal or will you make a couple schmeckls?

The home owner has a friend that wants the wood. I'm glad for that. I've got enough firewood at my place. We used the bobcat to move and pile logs. I also fed most of the brush into the chipper with it.

Not really work when it's your place, but Sancho is doing his part putting up wood for the winter Image.jpg
and this guy I don't remember splitting Image 1.jpg

Back