The Official Work Pictures Thread

Wish I had a pic from today. The young one is coming along good. He was calling the shots today and made mostly good calls. I only had to step in once and he even asked for my opinion. Day was going great till I threw a track on the mini and screwed around listening to the boss about how to get it on. I was so covered in mud I drove home in my boxers. You get a lot of funny looks buying a six pack in your underwear.

If there is, Ray would make a killing...and buy a bigger boat ;)

Amen!

We floated logs on a clean up today over a leach field because the HO did not want any equipment or logs drug by yarding across it.

Attachments

• tmp_30610-20170317_114141-764280478.jpg
    tmp_30610-20170317_114141-764280478.jpg
    499.7 KB · Views: 51
  • tmp_30610-20170317_114112751512978.jpg
    tmp_30610-20170317_114112751512978.jpg
    566.4 KB · Views: 51
Really nice Stephen!!

You must have way more bark beetle kill than us here in nor cal, we've been slowing down on it, some still just scattered here and there and some left overs...

80-99 % mortality of pines in many areas. This grove might survive. Surrounded though. Proactive HO.
These were line clearance TD that we are cleaning up for him. Once I clear the ground, then it's my turn to fell and climb the rest of the dead ones. Been utilizing the excavator mostly with straps and chains yarding logs out of brush line. Steepest areas logs lie. Today we used two gin poles, the potable winch, a 3' diameter stump as a control bollard for the tag line, mini moving the logs down a driveway to a bridge, then dropping the logs oor the bank of the road so the excavator could deck them on a lower landing.

...I was so covered in mud I drove home in my boxers. You get a lot of funny looks buying a six pack in your underwear.
Let em stare, brother... People are WAAAY too uptight.
Ray: Oh, I know just how weird this is, but... all the same: I'm really jealous of all of that sap. Pretty stuff. I can only imagine the smell. :cry:

Willie: Sure... worked with me and Joe all the time. Monster A.D.D., but a great kid all the same. Good to see he's still in the tree-kill.

Stephen: Master-rigger. We're not worthy. You're up in August's class.

Bots: Super beautiful pics. Really, really beautiful.

Just popped-in to boast about the virtues of the ol' Sizwill Cut, back in action again today. Holds a TON of side-lean. Best trick I ever learnt, and takes ya a whole 15 extra seconds. Swings the world. Snotty day... crappy flip-phone pics don't help...

View attachment 77646View attachment 77647

Had to work today, Saturday, only time HO would be home...all went well, big limb reduction on a double trunk valley oak....there putting in a pool below and need 4 key branches off...

006.jpg

014.jpg

022.jpg

025.jpg

029.jpg

Nice work.

Personally it gives me the shits when a client says " I'm unavailable that early " or " I'm only home Saturdays " . Hardly a reasonable explanation for us not being able to work IMO

If someone says, oh can you come on Monday, it's a holiday, just say, ahhh... it's a holiday.

If you don't need the job, you can say, our business hours for sales calls are 8-4, m-f. I have appointments available Monday at 8am or 10am, and Wednesday ,8am, until those fill up. Can any of those work?

Thanks all!

big ol oak Scott. Nice man
Hate cutting them back that far though. Just is what it is.

HO wanted 2 more branches off and I said no..lol

The ones I took off was good, the old oak was starting to lean towards the home and it was cabled, the cable is just a bit loose now after reduction...unfortunately, some of these tall oak are to big for them track home backyards...

Burn, it was because of truck clearance going up there driveway and to there neighbors homes....needed a lift up.

mistletoe and deadwood as well.

There neighbors have 6 oaks with mistletoe for me next week...I cant even tell you how much mistletoe ive slayed just this year..:|:

I'm sorry for being so negative, Scott. Not at you and your work personally, for sure.

If someone says, oh can you come on Monday, it's a holiday, just say, ahhh... it's a holiday.

If you don't need the job, you can say, our business hours for sales calls are 8-4, m-f. I have appointments available Monday at 8am or 10am, and Wednesday ,8am, until those fill up. Can any of those work?
Not me, I just tell them weekends are double time, all of a sudden the realize they do have a week day that'll work!

Nice work.

Personally it gives me the shits when a client says " I'm unavailable that early " or " I'm only home Saturdays " . Hardly a reasonable explanation for us not being able to work IMO

I know what you mean, but you either do it or you don't.

We did some work for Damon Hill the ex formula one world champion, he said to the guy I was subbing for "your machines are rather noisy and we like to stay in bed late, could you start at ten?"

Simple answer, no.

Back