The Official Work Pictures Thread

I'm a dummy, I guess...but I can't see where that tree needed any work...heck, even the mistletoe was pretty minimal. It looks fine afterward, but still...

Of course, you made money, so that's a good outcome.

20170315_081535.jpg Resized952017031595144127.jpg
We had a job with 4 companies and the city arborist working today. 7 bucket trucks and about 20 guys doing major deadwood and mistletoe remove in a cemetery. Cool gig

Looks better Scott. That oak should thrive now with out that pest.
Burnam, the mistletoe sends a hormone through the tree fooling it into thinking there is plenty of water even during a drought. This also encourages the tree to grow past it's resources. By doing this, the tree can take on air into its cells creating embolism and then dies for lack of ability to use its cells to get the water and nutrients it needs.
Hope I got that right. Not one of those master type arborist like that Willie character.

That was a nice job there Willie character :)

OK.

Tree still didn't need a thing beyond the mistletoe removal, in my opinion.

But then a lot of what gets sold to people for the good of their trees is unnecessary, in my mind. But I've never pretended to be much of an arb.

I'll just go sit on my barstool and have another dram, I'll be quiet now.

OK.

Tree still didn't need a thing beyond the mistletoe removal, in my opinion.

But then a lot of what gets sold to people for the good of their trees is unnecessary, in my mind. But I've never pretended to be much of an arb.

I'll just go sit on my barstool and have another dram, I'll be quiet now.

Good points, not about that particular tree of course.

Back in the U.K. When I started out working on the books for firms working in London, I'd be up trees doing pointless stuff just because someone thought "something must be done" stupidly small deadwooding, thinning of canopies etc. Plus someone had done it 3 years before and would do it 3 years after.
Budgets had to be spent I guess, and it was good practice for me in the beginning.

That was a good story, well presented. Good for the community and good for all the "arch rivals" to get together to work and share. Win-win.

I'm a dummy, I guess...but I can't see where that tree needed any work...heck, even the mistletoe was pretty minimal. It looks fine afterward, but still...

Of course, you made money, so that's a good outcome.

Burn, it was because of truck clearance going up there driveway and to there neighbors homes....needed a lift up.

mistletoe and deadwood as well.

There neighbors have 6 oaks with mistletoe for me next week...I cant even tell you how much mistletoe ive slayed just this year..:|:

Really cool thing Willie. I like how they were interviewing the city Arborist while he was hanging in his saddle.
Yeah, that was the second time he came down. His boss wouldn't let him talk to the news at first :dur:
That was a good story, well presented. Good for the community and good for all the "arch rivals" to get together to work and share. Win-win.
Yeah, I like that little lady, she does a good job.
That guy Matt did his CDL test in one of my trucks. Beaver and I are good friends.

Been really busy the last 6 months, trying to juggle my three hats of falling, contract climbing & launching my own business.
Today I was winching a load of edge trees - I love working with this old county tractor. They just don't are them like this anymore

Attachments

• IMG_0233.jpg
    IMG_0233.jpg
    405.2 KB · Views: 38
I seldom work with this guy & really like the setup. The tractor/winch combination is very common here in the U.K. I have only once worked with a skidder.

Back