The Official Work Pictures Thread

Great stuff guys!

Beautiful hinge mechanics on a monster Stephen!! Some serious squiggle.

Great shots Willie! Scott. Jed. Man, everybody just killing it!!

I'm photo bombing. haha

IMG_20161028_174135272.jpg

IMG_20161028_174750550.jpg

IMG_20161028_181453597.jpg

IMG_20161028_183020549.jpg

IMG_20161028_183811159.jpg

IMG_20161028_183910345.jpg

This must be my first hinge cut in at least two years for any tree of size. Dropped a 55 ft. tall sweet gum across the the street from our home for the neighbor.

Attachments

• Hinge_1200.jpg
    Hinge_1200.jpg
    378 KB · Views: 60
  • Hinge_1200B.jpg
    Hinge_1200B.jpg
    394.4 KB · Views: 59
Sweetgum hinges like a door. Nice fall.

Stephen: Man that pig wasn't even very old. Beautiful pine. Man that thing was growin like a bastard between years, say... 20 and 30. Pig.

Sam: I think you're part Dryad.

Here's some randoms over the last couple days...

unnamed-1058.jpg unnamed-1057.jpg unnamed-1059.jpg unnamed-1061.jpg unnamed-1060.jpg unnamed-1062.jpg

SUPER long drag for the boys today... SUUUPER long. Andy was actually sweating in a t-shirt today.

unnamed-1063.jpg unnamed-1064.jpg

Was it difficult to get Davey to OK the RW and srt?

You do a lot of big removals. Big outfits here like Barlett rarely do big removals because they are the high price providers. Is it different over where you are?

If I share that the sweet gum didn't have lean, I'm guessing you more skilled workers at this would guess right off the bat that I had a hefty amount of pull. Barely even needed wedges, but I used a pair anyway. Used two lines. One pulling on the tree from the street with a vehicle. And a second line anchored to it's center with a pulley, like pulling on a bowstring.

Used a laser to determine exactly where the top would fall. Placed cones all around. Doing it before leaves dropped allowed a slow sail to the pavement.

Attachments

• MDV_Tree.jpg
    MDV_Tree.jpg
    272.7 KB · Views: 103
IMG_1305.jpg
Friday's clearing job. I didn't realize how much we actually got done in one day till this morning. Waiting on the crew to get here so we can finish it off.

Rich I'm surprised you guys don't use alturnamats, doesnt plywood get smashed pretty quick? Maybe you do use em, just not on that job.

They rock fo sho. On nice lawns etc, they prevent any damage. On crappy/muddy sites, they make the job possible whereas it wouldn't be possible without em. They aren't indestructible but darn close!

No lines set. All wedged. The young guy that's been working with me did most of the cutting. I told him what direction I wanted them and he did reall good. He didn't palm a wedge on a decent sized maple and it tipped back on his saw. He refused to let me shove it with the loader and messed with it for half an hour but he got it.
Cory. I think the mats are a great idea and worth the investment. I've given my boss Carl's contact info several times and he tells me he's ordered them. I just shake my head. I'm pretty sure Carl would let me know if he actually ordered them. It's out of my control.

Was it difficult to get Davey to OK the RW and srt?

You do a lot of big removals. Big outfits here like Barlett rarely do big removals because they are the high price providers. Is it different over where you are?

Cory: If you knew the jack wagons running this outfit, you'd split your sides from laughter... no it wasn't difficult to get them to approve srt/wrench since they, "absolutely don't allow it,"..... now... my good man, Cory... I'm just begging you on my hands and knees to believe me... but I'm telling you... the biggest part of the problem would be getting most of them to be able to differentiate between dDrt, and srt... after that, the next biggest problem would be getting any of them to give a rip... after that, the biggest problem would be getting them to care enough to enforce their own very stupid and highly antiquated rules.

Oh... uh... yeah, our areas must be quite different. Around here most of the outfits don't have the equiptment to get the wood out in a timely enough manner, and the cheapest outfit that does (P and D Logging)http://panddtreeservice.com/photos/Kenmore OldGrowth Pictures/Gallery Pictures-3.jpghas way too much work to be able to address all of the removal work in our area. Believe it or not... we're often #2 on the cheapness scale. People just don't want firewood around here.:?

Just small pine romovals and a bit of pruning today...

unnamed-1065.jpg

Ha, good response, Jed, thanks.

Well sounds like you guys are well positioned :drink:

Helping Stephen......

Having fun....

1de73ef6a3e4272f62ce53e266be937f.jpg

Does anyone use the alturnamats as a crash pad for blocking down chunks over sensitive surfaces , I've heard someone say they were thinking about trying it, never heard any results on outcomes...

Back