The Official Work Pictures Thread

View attachment 71452

View attachment 71453

IMG_20160630_112259.jpg

IMG_20160630_102942.jpg IMG_20160630_112119.jpg

Great pics everyone!

Had a chance to flop some trees whole, not something I get to do often. Rural property, internet clearing, plan was to climb and clear, but closer inspection I thought it was best just to flop two maples in decline and top off a tiny maple. One more maple to go, old lightning damage, dryed out roots, other property owner's tree, and they are away on vacation.

other property owner's tree, and they are away on vacation.

So that means "anything goes"??? :lol:

Good pictures of that stump. Help me understand that "bar-tip cutout?" in the next to last picture...interesting. How did you do that and why?

IMG_20160630_112456.jpg

Naw, Gary, it's still standing... for now.... going to wait for permission. :/:

I have cheap wedges from the surplus store across the road from my house, they tend to spit out when you stack them. So I just did a small bar tip plunge and stuck a wedge in there to get more lift, tree seemed to have some weight favoring the back lean.

Attachments

• unnamed-826.jpg
    unnamed-826.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 51
Love dem fine looking hinges stacked up in the truck. Love the block and sling too, Ive got the same one. Geez, got the same caddy pads too....

Why do the Davey boys use half a roof on their chip trucks?

Love dem fine looking hinges stacked up in the truck. Love the block and sling too, Ive got the same one. Geez, got the same caddy pads too....

Why do the Davey boys use half a roof on their chip trucks?

Lol. I had to make the roof on my truck a half roof after i got the ditch witch because where it pivots into the bed the control station would hit the roof

I hate my half roof, and i was wondering the same lol

Id love to redesign my body again one winter.

Cory and Brendon: Yeah, the half-lid really sucks more than it can ever help you. Makes a huge mess. I think they send a few out like that so that people still have the option to load a bit of wood with our little knuckle-booms. I've done this maybe five times, but I've made a giant mess with chips flying everywhere five thousand times.

Ben, Rich... yeah... I thought about it, but 1) I didn't bring my zipline junk. 2) I absolutely HATE waiting on all the junk to get back up there. Andy's a master at all things lowering, so we were all good, but perhaps you and Rich could have zip-lined it just as fast.

Jed, get a helmet camera. It seems you're getting lots if interesting jobs at this stage if your career. But who knows, a twist of fate, a change of direction and it might all be different this time next year. Be a shame not to have some footage of where you're upto right now.

Back