The Official Work Pictures Thread

I was wondering about the transporter. I had a dead trunk hinge crumble, dropped on my gear bag and broke one of my caritools. I was debating switching to the transporter, that post made up my mind. thank you.

Benn you are a way better climber than I BUT did nobody ever teach you to put your rope around the stem, not the stub???? That was one of the first things I was taught. I do a lot of dodgie shit like tying an overhand knot in a pull line and using that to descend on thigh ddrt, rope on rope . I would never tie round a stub. Funny, guess just how we were taught

That was the second day Paul, I just fliplined up....Granted that stub was a little small, but I was tied in twice... Then chunked it down. But no my climbing rope goes over stubs/branches if there is one! Only when taking down a spar is when my mainline will be around the trunk. If thats what you mean...

Ben: I don't know how you do it, bro. I'd get the heck out of that city just so I'd have easier jobs!

Ray: Thanks for the pics. You runnin' Red Dogs?

Here's another from last week. 3 ailanthus. Remove all ivy to timber height and dead wood/thin. Remove the middle one, which was smothered in thick ivy and twisted and over the back yard with small trees and shrubs.
a2a41f9e84a8e914de185a4e7d3014a0.jpg
not the best cameraman

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ailanthus, tree of hell. I'm not a fan.

The only good thing about those fence panels is they're easy to replace. Ask me how I know that. :D

Damn that elm looks nasty!

Good week here, got suprised. Doing a oak removal with a hint that possibly racoon den or hang out but not seen recently. OK first place I go to isolate my canopy anchor an set rigging line. Sounding tree going up no critters, assessment on sound wood to rig from Check tree dismantled to a safe felling point. Fell the remaining portion and start cutting big end first. Ten chunks in out comes a racoon. Cool it lived. Go back to cutting and out come two more.
Lives were saved but home was lost. I climbed the pine first which I had seen dead about 5 months ago from across the street.
df51c3f27ec3dc4a92845537460f5163.jpg

b0771df70eff8d9f55c74032e0236626.jpg

Coon oak also revealed in the muck below the cavity the complete skeleton of a dead one suprised the heck out of me when removing the pudding to lighten them up to hand load them.
4648a742f826186766a7113468cf67ec.jpg

A bit short on action but work none the less!

Yah, you Benn. Try to define the smell of Ailanthus if you dare.

Joel: You might be the first Raccoon skeleton finder in the House. Cool shots.

Absolutely beautiful weather here. The splint is finally off my hand: full-duty, no-restrictions. Fir snag reduction today. Approx 125' by 38" dbh. Just the dead limbs made over 8 yds. of chips. Pig.

Aaron, (posing with logs) is ready for lunch...

unnamed-574.jpg unnamed-575.jpg unnamed-576.jpg unnamed-577.jpg

Our early spring is crazy this year... show in the mountains and flowers in the plums...

unnamed-573.jpg

Attachments

• unnamed-578.jpg
    unnamed-578.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 57
Port Orford cedar being chipped or that cherry extract smell of chipping laurel hedges is cool too.
Great log-pop humboldt Jed.

Back