The Official Work Pictures Thread

Dang Willie... you on vacation again??? Jeez, lighten up... give Clarence a touch more work, would ya? You're doin' a bit too well for a tree guy arntcha? :lol:

Rich: Wow! Looks like a pretty fun falling job, brother.

There isn't any felling till the spar. I'm not allowed to disrupt the road traffic and there is a live 20" gas main running through there. That and there are some service lines overhead on a few places. I walked the whole ROW last week and most of the property owners have complied with their end. Next week I have a few fences to dismantle and two sheds to push off the ROW. That'll get interesting. Monday I'll be removing a big white oak next to a house that has an addition 8' off the gas line. That'll be fun. The inspector told me to do my best but as no permit was pulled for the addition, if I damage it not to worry to much. It's almost fun to think about.

I never let more than an inch build up, more than that bugs heck outta me.

Is your boss's bucket a 75'er, I don't remember?

Yes it is Cory. I'm not tall by any means so when it's empty I'm lost in it. My rope man, who is also very competent climbing and in the bucket, dumps it out. If he gets in it after me I gotta hear about my toddler legs over the com system the rest of the day. He's been in it a bit more than usual since I'm useless after 6 or 7 hours. Can't deal with the pain much longer than that.

Damn, hope those shingles are gone soon.

Good answer, I'm tall and feel like I could possibly fall out even with the bucket empty.

Gotta love the 75'er

It was quite the transition from a 60', but yeah I love it. I still climb quite a bit, and I enjoy climbing a lot, but as far as production it's the best thing to happen so far.

Cool shots Willie! It was awesome having you stop by. Willie also didn't mention he saved our ass; the boxer decided to take a union break but Willie found a pair of jumpers in a truck nearby and woke her up :)

jp:D

That property we were working on had been neglected for years. With the dieback so severe and so isolated to one portion of the canopy, my thought was some type of herbicide or chemical was dumped in the last few years. There hadn't been any significant change to the landscape in a long time. Sad -- we'll likely be taking the entire tree out in a few more years would be my bet.

some hooking today between 2 grand firs. The target tree had an awful bent top so it was decided to reduce it slightly with a view to maintaining the new height at 3 year intervals. Grand firs are notorious out here for producing weighty tops that inevitably fail. Their growth rate is phenomenal.

The branches in the very tops are brittle, but this technique produced 3 points of contact, that being the line-redirect, and 2 of the hooks on two separate branches. So it was a safe transfer. The throw was probably 25 feet but the transfer much less by the time Id cinched up the lines.
Wrong setting on the ground camera, which is why it looks all squashed. Sorry. Tree looks passable at least.

I worked alone at that property today. All pruning. They got nothing under 100 ft.

G0100671.JPG G0100683.JPG G0100714.JPG G0100756.JPG G0100801.JPG TL000358.jpg TL000406.jpg

Dang Willie... you on vacation again??? Jeez, lighten up... give Clarence a touch more work, would ya? You're doin' a bit too well for a tree guy arntcha? :lol:

Rich: Wow! Looks like a pretty fun falling job, brother.
Shoot, that's my first real vacation since before the business started!
Cool shots Willie! It was awesome having you stop by. Willie also didn't mention he saved our ass; the boxer decided to take a union break but Willie found a pair of jumpers in a truck nearby and woke her up :)

Haha, I'm pretty good with bubblegum and bandaids to keep stuff running! :lol:
Very cool job, wished we could've hung out more but that's how it roles sometimes. I managed to get that chunka wood in my bag. Flight got cancelled this a.m. So just got to San Fran

That property we were working on had been neglected for years. With the dieback so severe and so isolated to one portion of the canopy, my thought was some type of herbicide or chemical was dumped in the last few years. There hadn't been any significant change to the landscape in a long time. Sad -- we'll likely be taking the entire tree out in a few more years would be my bet.

How do you find the right soil level/ root flare on a tree like that, with the big buttresses? Do the roots suddenly go horizontal, like a lot of trees? Looks like it could be right, or backfilled over?

They got those weeds, tho...:|:

Rain....
a08f1ac077fd3dcf821344bb9cd6e20b.jpg

When tree protection goes bad....

a4bd8022d0d37c8bf3e198a4db594d07.jpg

Another day of low stress, but technical enough climbing and felling to be interesting. I was able to do all the aerial cutting with the 200t, double-cutting some. Construction company got the mess cleared. So much better than when I left off with a huge mess the other day.

I was able to rip between included trunks, and cut stubs down enough to fall two stems, leaving me just the stronger, intact leader that held my high TIP.

Had some sun, some rain, some hail, some good wind. Nothing too big deal, just kept taking bites of the elephant.

Wind helped me stay clear of the fence line a bit. Folded stuff under me. No roping, no handling, just timing, as best I could. Slapped the barbed wire with some little whippy stuff. Inconsequential.

This was once a stump that regrew, leaving an open center to stand in, and fell spars.

Pics got a little wacky while uploading.

IMG_20160122_155339289_HDR[1].jpg IMG_20160129_111328994_HDR[1].jpg IMG_20160129_111947267[1].jpg IMG_20160129_113432685[1].jpg IMG_20160129_131841708[1].jpg IMG_20160129_133857217[1].jpg IMG_20160129_141155873[1].jpg
IMG_20160129_141557732[1].jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20160129_141123063[1].jpg
    IMG_20160129_141123063[1].jpg
    174.2 KB · Views: 53
Looked like it was interesting Sean. Those clump regrowth trees are a PITA. Hard to get between the mains and never really knowing if they'll take a load.

Back