The Official Work Pictures Thread

Hats off to both Willie and his crew for establishing a successful team. Not an everyday accomplishment in these times.

I'm just totally astounded that guys like you and Joel and Butch can even DO tree work down there.

I had to retire... I just couldn't take it anymore. I'll be danged if (after all I've been through) I die from a heat stroke!

Here's some chipping we did on that grapple saw job. The little 730 did an awesome job eating the brush.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/yf6K5G_SYXQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I had to retire... I just couldn't take it anymore. I'll be danged if (after all I've been through) I die from a heat stroke!

That's understandable. On our hottest day of the summer, I bet we don't sweat a fifth of what you guys sweat.

Carl: Tearing it up mate! :rockon:

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
Oh what fun to work at the private lake front properties of the wealthy. Never any equipment access. It's a good thing I really enjoy climbing. Got the one in the first pic done and half of the one on the right in the second. Wasn't to bad for a ground crew that has never been around a climber. Kept things simple for the ropeman and the two guys dragging brush worked their asses off( and never complained once). The one in the last pic has an old lightning wound that kinda troubles me a bit. Think I'm gonna keep rigging small on that one.

Of course. Srt except for a few times on the spar. I'm really getting used to it. My Treestuff tending tether is beginning to not stay oriented properly so I gotta figure out how to fix that.

Maybe a strap on that beat up trunk, just below the large fork, for peace of mind.

Nice looking tree job! Praise the lord for hardworking brush draggers!!

For SRT removals like those, I'm guessing you tie off your line high in the tree rather than base tie?

Props to Willie, For Sure!
A tough challenge to get experience and gelling power.

I left my Coolvest today, accidentally. Might have finished the limbing, if I had been working cooler. I can't say enough how its a winner for a climber. Groundies can dunk their heads, and wet themselves down, or have a cooler of ice water to dunk their heads, whatever the guy wants to do for himself. The climber around here has to expect to be up a lot of trees for a couple hours, if not reascending, naturally, there are lots of 30 minute trees, too.

I'll definitely get a groundie Coolvest, when I have some spare coin. Moving soon, so possibly first, last, and security deposit.

Here was the last tree on a job finished Tuesday:
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/BR-4PXtD3Pk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Here's what I did yesterday, was supposed to load out today but the truck that was going to do the hauling had transmission troubles.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/43D6WfCHs1E" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Copper Beech tree to reduce a large leader on the left growing into the Birch. The reduce to reshape on the rest of the tree to tidy.

Thunder and lightening broke out whilst up there. Luckily was done sharpish but soaked to the skin.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439487238.930109.jpg

Rich

Job I convinced HO to get me to do it, was going to have friends with ladders do it, pointed out that the house and underground cable and phone lines can get damaged, IT guy, he wanted to not damage his intetnet. Good thing, with the wind and how springy the maple was, blowing the top would have caused problems without rigging.

FB_IMG_1439488082689.jpg

Carl...good videos...especially that house tear-down.

I am glad you are on OUR side!

Peter...I like making messes like that...and leaving them is even better.

I don't climb much these days, as my primary job is felling timber. So when this tree came along I knew it might stretch me a little:O
At approx 7ft dbh, 90ft tall & a canopy spread of about 80ft this beech is proving to be a lot of work. Due to the amount of rigging of a lop sided crown (heavily pruned away from the garden) it has taken 18hours climbing so far. 90% of the crown is out, but all the timber remains.
Anyhow, here is a selection of pics from the job so far :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    277 KB · Views: 44
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    350.8 KB · Views: 45
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    205.3 KB · Views: 44
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg