The Official Work Pictures Thread

You did a fine job;)
Some from yesterday's job. Good fun drift lined it all but the last 25ft down to ten to fit it out under the service. Then bombed another the top broke out of the week before.
Drift line set
fceaa584bf3e5fd7c7873809efda63b7.jpg

Always one of these to climb past to keep ya on your toes.
c37c406ecc1650a386cf367334fe42c2.jpg

The top is all on a card from the go pro one of these days I'm going to figure uploading that stuff out.
b71f1b9599d3257f9fa38ef5e8669f9a.jpg

Wife took all the shots but she has to work too! Minimal tag line help.
b47531ee0701ebea487d58738142f25d.jpg

Number two was a bomb it took longer to get there with all the fresh shoots.
The ground help is really getting dialed in and may have a climber in training :cool:
a071849149e88435fb1c6edca45a42c0.jpg

Nice work Joel.

Sooooooo I popped my Palm Pruning Cherry today..... Not like we have a lot of them up here and most that are ain't looking all that great or dead.
Of course it had to be a Date Palm:|

Looks good, at least it wasn't full of stinking Ibis. Be careful if you get spiked with one. No more of them or Washington's for me, or any palms really.

If they're looking crook it's usually Fusarium wilt, kills them off slowly. http://datepalm-ksu.org/index.php?page_id=191 or http://edis.ifas.ufl.edu/pp139 Lost a lot around here in the last few years.

It was like that here once, quiet a few date palms in old places though. Then the 80's fad to cut down anything native and plant palms, mostly cocas. That brought more fruit bats when they got older, then the great palm removals of the 2000's started. I think I might have said I'm done with palms before somewhere.

I think it is mostly due to our weather cycles and what people are actually willing to water Steve. Frosty and cold in the winter probably does not help. Town and down hill from there they seem to do somewhat better. 2000 foot elevation or less. Above that, not so much :lol:
And low and behold ... some one did prune it recently. I went by to look at the aforementioned palm in town, all trimmed up. Dang thing hung all the way down to the side walk about a week ago. I guess the school bus drivers got tired if it poking into windows.
And yes you did mention you don't do that no more...

Nice work Stephen and Joel, that palm looks great Stephen. Customer wanted the logs from this removal job and I was glad to oblige him. Everything is pretty sappy right now.
image1-10.jpg

Getting back to the palm pruning a page or so back, just how far north in California will they grow? I was in Humboldt county about 5 years ago and saw a big house near the ocean with two big palms that looked like they had just been put in the ground. Right by a dairy farm. I was surprised they would grow that far north, only thing I saw around there were redwoods and spruce.

LS Mtron Mick. These are longleaf. I can't think of any other place I'd want to live than the forgotten coast. It's nothing like central and south Florida, pretty laid back here, only one traffic light in the whole county, and many miles from the nearest Walmart.

Sounds like where I live also except the coasts are 1 1/2 away in either direction. But I can be at one of three different rivers within 10 min.

Fort White is a great place too Joel. I know you coordinate with the power company there, you may know one of my ex-coworkers from over that way. Robert Cornegay and Jim Strickland that worked for Florida Power, Progress Energy, Duke live in your area.

Jim Strickland is a great guy and a great friend. Joel you might know Jimmy Nesmith that worked over that way, he's good people too. Took down nine pines in a back yard yesterday. Getting pretty hot here.
image2-9.jpg image7-2.jpg

Nothing great. Just showing one of the reasons I have for disliking clevelands power co. image.jpg
The lamp post is actually being held up by the ropes. A close look at the rope and knots tell me it's been that way for a while

Back