The Official Work Pictures Thread

It's a 1800 but not with sharp blades. Six hours and made about 130 yards of chips. Pine is fluffy though. The winch got a hell of a work out.

One from today after a mulberry (first one climbed). Red oak removal.
8ff342a633aeb5dc5b7efc4e689cebe1.jpg

1952dcd9679ee6a2fa30a5cf171efd60.jpg

Rigging the trunk wood seemed to take forever with the house under and working it off the hot tub. Nothing substantial to use a drift line either.

Usually the HO and his friends/family does the clean up, so it gets to be a bit of a mess, but I don't expect much progress out of someone who is 73 years old. ;)

Old generation is bad ass. If his back is willing, bet he can do it. One of my customers stopped climbing ladders at 80. Still out in the yard all year. Great pictures by the way!

Nice pic Peter but high vis and hardhats is what's needed for a ground crew. Easier to target then when you're tossing something at them to get their attention!

HO and a neighbour, I don't have any ground crew, I just climb. When I'm estimating jobs I always include "If you insist on being under me I won't be cutting, it will cost you more in time". Most time it works, they listen and follow instructions well, other times, well, they pay for it. I'm in no way banging out jobs, just low stress Saturday jobs, if they wanna pay for me waiting around, I'm ok with it once a week. This particular picture I was just swinging out to rig a small limb, tethered in and took a sip of water.... but I'm going to be supplying hard harts soon, they are cheap enough, I really should. Thanks!

That's cool. Be safe. My liability insurance which covers non-employees for injuries clearly states they cover for personal injury as long as I keep the workzone secure so for me basically no one but an employee is within distance or range of me possibly being able to hurt them or them hurt themselves in my work zone. I'm fanatical about it and about the only time myself or employees will be rude or yell at a customer or bystander.

Been pretty busy working beech tree recently. Took out another today. Not the tallest tree but a fair bit of timber. First pic was at 10.30 or brew time. I then helped the fellas on the deck to clear up and then flopped the stem and chop in half for the landowner to use.

Nothing too fancy just a BOSH job.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430148080.861653.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430148094.414507.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430148111.809821.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430148129.517349.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430148140.254198.jpg

Rich

Little trip to Cali today!

Well, almost. It's was warm and sunny and we were flopping crispy pines.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    438.1 KB · Views: 68
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    414.2 KB · Views: 67
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    443.4 KB · Views: 67
Back